Today any new online video games are not free from glitches and errors. Recently, several Battlefield 2042 players complaining that they struck at the title screen with an error prompt “Press A to Play.” Then, when they clicked on the same prompt, nothing happened. This issue has occurred not only for Xbox users but also for PlayStation users with the prompt ‘Press Y to Play.’
It doesn’t make any sense to get nervous about errors right now; instead, you need to move on to definitive solutions to deal with these issues. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered some possible solutions that you can apply to resolve the issue comfortably. So let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Hard Reset your Console:
You can reset your console to factory settings as a first attempt to resolve the ‘Press A to Play’ error. To do so,
Hard Reset the Xbox console:
- Firstly, press and hold the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Then go to Profile & System option and select Settings.
- Now click on System and select Console info.
- There click on the Reset console tab.
- In the Reset your console? screen, you will see two option, Reset and remove everything and Reset and keep my games & apps.
- To reset your console to the factory settings, you need to select Reset and remove everything.
Hard Reset PlayStation console:
If you encountered the ‘Press Y to Play’ error prompt at the title screen in PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, then you can follow the below steps to get did of the same error.
- Firstly, go to the Home page and select Settings.
- Then select System and click on the System Software option.
- Now select Reset Options from the right side.
- Finally, click on Reset your Console and click on the Reset button on the newly opened screen.
Fix 2: Restart the Game:
If you happen to get the “Press A to Play” error prompt in Battlefield 2042, you need to restart the game. While doing so, it helps to erase most of the game bugs and starts the game freshly.
Fix 3: Install New Updates:
If you miss installing the latest game patches or forget to install the latest updates, you will receive “Press A to Play” or “Press Y to Play” in Battlefield 2042. Here the best possible solution is to download and install the latest updates for the better performance of the game.
Fix 4: Disconnect Bluetooth Devices:
If you have connected any Bluetooth speakers or headset via USB, you need to disconnect the device before launching the game.
Fix 5: Use wired Controller and Keyboard:
Sometimes the wireless controller and keyboard might cause the ‘Press Y to Play’ or Press A to Play’ error on Battlefield 2042 title screen. You can quickly get rid of the same error by using a wired controller and keyboard.
So these are all about the Press A to Play’ and Press Y to Play errors in Battlefield 2042. If you have any queries or feedback after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.