Destiny 2 is a massive multiplayer online video game developed by Bungie Inc. The game is now available on Xbox Series X and Series S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, PlayStation 5, and Microsoft Windows platforms. Destiny 2 is a solid game these days but not free of bugs and errors, and some players are now reporting some issues. The most provocative error code players facing is “Weasel,” and prevents them from further playing the game.
Destiny 2 Weasel Error can occur due to several causes, including connectivity issues between the game console and Destiny servers, cache files, network connectivity, and many more. Anyway, we have collected some definite solutions to solve all the problems mentioned in this article and enable you to play Destiny 2 without any further issues. So, you can go to the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to solve the same problem. Let’s have a look.
- Check your network connectivity.
- Make sure your system is updated.
- Power cycle your Modem and Router.
- Disable your Antivirus.
- Ensure unwanted programs/applications are not running in the background.
If you checked and changed all the settings accordingly, still, the issue persists, then you need to follow the below-listed solutions to get rid of the Weasel error in Destiny 2.
Fix 1: Restart the Device:
In most cases, restarting the device will help you to eliminate almost all errors and bugs. As for the Weasel Error problem in Destiny 2, you can also try this trick to resolve the same issue. You can restart your device by following these below steps,
To restart Xbox consoles:
- Firstly, press and hold the Power button on the console for a few seconds and release it when it completely shuts down.
- Then you need to remove the power cord from the console.
- Now, wait for some time and reconnect the power cable.
- Turn ON the console, and hereafter it will work properly.
To restart PlayStation:
- Firstly, you need to press and hold the console power button for few seconds.
- Then release the power after the device shuts down completely.
- After few minutes, again press and hold the power button to turn ON the device.
- Now check for improvement.
Fix 2: Switch to Wired Connection:
As we discussed earlier, the Weasel error in Destiny 2 may have been caused by a network connectivity problem. In this case, you can get rid of the same issue by switching to a wired network connection. The signal strength on the Wi-Fi connection can sometimes be very weak and cause problems playing any games. As well as you need to check the speed of the connectivity.
Fix 3: Delete all Clan Invites:
Some suffered players reported they encountering the Weasel error code in Destiny 2 when someone invited them to the clan. Here you need to contact the Clan admin to remove you from the clan you joined, to delete the invite. Additionally, you can move to Bungie.net to find a new clan invite, and you can see it under the Memberships page. Once you find it, join in the clan and exit from the same to avoid receiving the Weasel error message forever in the future.
Fix 4: Create a new PSN (PlayStation Network) account:
The Weasel error code irritating you in PlayStation, then you can get rid of this issue by simple creating a new PlayStation Account. To create a new account, follow these below steps,
- Firstly, launch the PlayStation and go to New User.
- Then select Create one option and click on Next.
- Now click on New to PlayStation Network and select Create an account option.
- Then select the Sign up now option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once you created an account, restart the console and log in using the new account you started recently.
- There restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 5: Clear the Xbox Cache:
As per some Xbox users, they finally managed to get rid of the Weasel error code in Destiny 2 by clearing the Xbox cache. So you can practice the same trick here as well.
To clear Xbox Cache:
- Firstly, launch the Xbox and go to Settings.
- Then select Network and move to Advanced Settings.
- Now select the Alternative Mac address and choose the Clear option.
- In the new prompt, you need to confirm to clear the cache.
- Press and hold the Power button till the console completely turns OFF.
- Then you need to remove the power cable from the console.
- After that, again press and hold the power button for one-two minutes to discharge the console from residual power.
- Then reconnect the power cable and switch it on at the plug, then wait until the light turns White to Orange.
- Now you can turn ON the console.
These are all about the Error Code Weasel in Destiny and its sure solutions. In addition to all these solutions, you need to unlink the Destiny app from your Smartphone. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.