So far, Call of Duty is considered one of the furious and successful video games. But recently, several frequent players have complained about a Dev Error 5476 appearing randomly in Modern Warfare, Warzone and Cold War multiplayer. When the same error appears on the screen, it prevents the players from further enjoying the game more.
Developers usually fix these common errors. But this time, Dev error 5476 came up again and again and became a big obstacle for many players. However, there are few reasons for the same error, such as Game content bugs, random game glitches, corrupted game files and few more unknown reasons. In this article, we have listed a few fixes to tackle the same issue on your PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. So, let’s have a look,
Fix 1: Deselect Random for Calling Cards/Skin and Emblems:
Almost all users reported getting the Dev Error 5476 while using the Random for Calling Cards, Skin and Emblems. In this scenario, to get rid of the same error, you can disable the Random option for Calling Cards, Skin and Emblems and then check improvement. As we discussed earlier, one of the prime reasons for the Dev Error 5476 is Game content bugs.
Fix 2: Check the Game is Up-to-Date:
If the Call of Duty Warzone is outdated, then the game won’t allow you to play online with others or multiplayer. Here the best solution is updating the game to help you get rid of the Dev Error 5476. For that, you need to restart the game to update it. When you receive the Dev Error 5476 while playing Call of Duty Warzone on PC, then you need to close the Blizzard or Battle.net client and start it back up.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files:
Another cause for the Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 5476 issue might be the corrupted game files. The game files get corrupted or damaged as a result of incomplete installation or updates. To check if this is the issue in your case, you need to use the scan and repair option available in the Blizzard client.
Note: This fix is only available on the Blizzard client.
To repair the damaged game file, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Blizzard Battle.net on your system.
- Search and click over the Call of Duty Warzone icon and click on the Options (gear icon).
- Then select the option Scan and Repair and click on Begin Scan.
- Let the repair complete on its own.
- Once completed, Restart the system and check the issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 4: Reinstall Call of Duty Warzone:
If any of the above fixes do not help you in your case, then you need to uninstall and reinstall the game from Scratch. To complete this process, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, type Control Panel in the taskbar search box and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Control Panel window, select the Programs and Features category.
- Then from the list of programs, select Call of Duty Warzone and click over Uninstall tab.
- If the confirmation prompt appeared, click on OK.
- Once the game is uninstalled, then reinstall the game freshly from the Scratch.
Thus now you will be able to avoid the Dev Error 5476 on Call of Duty Warzone. This is a common issue and does not cause any saviour damage to the system. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.