The only way to get the apps you need on your iPhone and iPad is through the iOS App Store. But lately, some users complained that they could not install any application from the App Store and received an error prompt on the screen with the message “Could not connect to the App Store.” As the same issue becomes very annoying to the users, they wander on social media for exact solutions.
There should be different reasons for the same issue, such as poor internet connection, minor bugs in App Store, and many more. However, if you also get the error suggestion “Cannot Connect to App Store” when trying to download any app, you can follow this article to get all the reliable solutions. So let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check Internet Connection:
The first solution to tackle the “Cannot Connect to App Store” error on iPhone and iPad is to check the accuracy of your internet connection. If your network connection does not have an average speed, you may get a similar error. In addition, you can turn Off/On your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then choose Wi-Fi/Mobile Data option.
- Now Turn Off and On network connection.
- Finally, restart the device and see the changes.
Fix 2: Turn Off/On Airplane Mode:
Another quick solution to resolve the “Cannot Connect to App Store” error on iPhone and iPad is turning Off and On Airplane Mode. To do so,
- Firstly, exit from the App Store and other services.
- Then scroll down the Notification screen and Turn Off and On the Airplane Mode.
- Finally, restart the device and try again to get any app from the App Store.
Fix 3: Check Date and Time:
If you encounter the “Cannot Connect to App Store” error on iPhone and iPad, you need to check your device’s data and time are set properly. Sometimes incorrect time settings may result in the same error message and do not allow you to download any app from the App Store.
To do so,
- Firstly, open Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then select the General option from the list of menus.
- Now you need to click over the Date and Time option.
- Inside the Date and Time settings, Toggle On beside the Set Automatically option.
- Finally, restart the device and see the result.
Fix 4: Check System Status:
Even now, you cannot get any app from the App Store; you need to check the system status of the App Store. This is because if something goes wrong with the Apple server, it might affect the function of the App Store. So go to Apple’s system status page and check you can see a green circle beside the App Store.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings:
At times, resetting the Network Settings might help you to resolve the “Cannot Connect to App Store” error on iPhone and iPad. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then from the list, click over General and select the Reset option.
- Inside the Reset page, click on the Reset Network Settings option.
- Finally, enter the password and again click on the Reset Network Settings to continue the reset process.
These are all about the “Cannot Connect to App Store” error on iPhone and iPad and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.