As per a lot of Windows users, DCFWinService High CPU Usage has been troubling them for a while now. DCFWinService generally shows High CPU Usage because of the incompatibility with the latest Windows updates. This happens when users system becomes too sluggish, and while the user opens the Task Manager, they notice that the DCFWinService takes up a large CPU space, this can sometimes be as high as 90%.
Today in this article, we have compiled a list of some quick and easy fixes that will help you in getting rid of the DCFWinService High CPU Usage on Windows. To resolve the same issue, you can follow the solutions listed below. Let’s have a look.
FIX 1: Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup:
If the Dell Foundation Services are added in the Startup items of your system, they might end up showing in your Task Manager (consuming too much CPU resource). Here the first resolve is to Clean Boot Your System and checks whether it helps or not. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type System Configuration and launch the relevant search result.
- Now from the horizontal menu and select the Services tab. Here tick the checkbox for the option Hide All Microsoft Services and select Disable all tab
- Now untick the checkbox before DCFWinService and other Dell services (whichever are not required).
- Further from the same horizontal menu, navigate to the Startup tab, click on Open Task Manager and then disable all the processes related to
- Lastly, close the window, restart your computer and then check whether the high CPU usage by DCFWinService is normalized or not.
FIX 2: Disable the DCFWinService in the Services Manager:
The second solution is to disable the DCFWinService in the Services manager of your system and check whether it shows any improvement or not. To do so,
- Go to the Windows icon on your search bar, right-click over it and launch Task Manager.
- Go to the Services tab on the next trip, right-click on DCFWinService and then click on Stop.
- Again right-click on DCFWinService and select Open Services.
- Further double-click on DCFWinService, set the Startup type as Disabled and then Apply the changes.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check whether the high CPU usage by DCFWinService is normalized or not.
NOTE: User under corporate environment must set the Startup type of DCFWinService to Manual and then Stop it. It will let them utilize different corporate utilities by Dell.
FIX 3: Uninstall the Dell Foundation Services in Apps & Features
If none of the above-mentioned fixes worked for you, then consider uninstalling the Dell Foundation Services in Apps & Features. To do so,
- Go to the desktop search bar, type Apps & Features and open the relevant search result.
- Now from the list of applications, select Dell Foundation Services and then click on Confirm your step and wait until the process gets completed.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check for improvements.
- If the DCFWinService High CPU Usage on Windows Error persists, consider uninstalling all the Dell-related applications and checking for improvements.
These were the top 3 fixes for the DCFWinService High CPU Usage on Windows Error. Make sure you follow them in the right order with the correct steps to eliminate the said error at once.
At the end of this article, we hope that all the information here will prove helpful and relevant to you. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the given comment box.