Shortly after the release of the Elden Ring, the controller/gamepad not working on PC; such an issue has been reported from many corners. Well, we noticed that many players prefer to use the controller instead of the mouse or system keyboard to play the game. Anyway, this is not a complicated problem, and we can solve it as soon as possible.
The same issue can have several causes, but now we need to think about how to solve it. If you are also having an issue with the PS4, PS5, or Xbox controller not working, then you can rely on this article to get all the possible solutions quickly. So let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Configure the Controller:
The first step in troubleshooting the Elden Ring Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue is configuring your controller. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and click on the Settings from the top left corner of the screen.
- Then select the Controller and click on the General Controller settings option.
- Now tick the check box beside the controller you need to use (Xbox, PS4, PS5, Switch).
- Once you select your respective controller, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 2: Enable Steam Input:
Sometimes enabling the Steam Input might help you to resolve the Elden Ring Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue easily. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and select the Library section.
- Then select and right-click on the Elden Ring and choose its Properties.
- Inside the Properties screen, select the Controller option.
- Now click on the down arrow under the Override for Elden Ring category and select the Enable Steam Input option. Once done, relaunch the game and see the controller is working or not.
- If not, then you need to select the Disable Steam Input and check for the result.
Fix 3: Disable Other Controller Software:
If you have multiple controllers on your system, you may need to disable other controllers that you are not currently using to run the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open Task Manager on your system and go to the Processes tab.
- Then disable all controller-related tasks except the controller you need to run the game.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and see the controller working now.
Fix 4: Edit the Steam Input Per-Game Settings:
At times, simply changing the Steam Input per-game settings might help you to resolve the Elden Ring Controller not working issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and click on the Big Picture Mode from the top right corner of the home screen.
- In the newly opened window, click on the Library section, and from the list of games, select Elden Ring.
- Now click on the Manage game option from the left pane menu and click on Controller Options.
- In the newly appeared Controller Application Options prompt, select Forced On.
- Then relaunch the game and see the result; if the issue persists, then you need to Forced Off the same.
- Finally, exit from the menu and go to the next solution.
Fix 5: Update Controller Driver:
If your Controller Driver gets outdated, then also the controller might not work on your system. The effective fix here is updating the driver. Go to the Controller manufacturer’s website, check for updates, and install it on your controller.
Fix 6: Disconnect and Reconnect the Controller:
If the problem persists, you should disconnect the controller from the system and leave it for a few minutes. Then reconnect the controller properly and check for the said issue.
Fix 7: Disconnect Bluetooth/USB Devices:
You can also disconnect all the Bluetooth and USB devices before connecting the controller. Once all the external devices are disconnected, relaunch the game and feel the changes.
These are all about the Elden Ring Controller/Gamepad not working on PC and its fixes. In addition to all these, you can restart the Steam and see it helps you or not. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.