After a long wait, the Elden Ring is now available to play on all platforms. It’s an open world, third-party action RPG from the studio behind the Dark Souls franchise’s FromSoftware. This magnificent game allows players to explore the lofty and scenic realm of the Land Between and join the quest to become Eldon Lord. But a few Players in the Elden Ring are depressed because of crashing and not launching issues.
There might be a couple of causes for the same issues, such as outdated drivers, corrupted game files, and many more. However, if you are also suffering from the crashing/freezing or not launching issue in your Elden Ring, then you are in the right place. So, without any distress, let’s move on to the detailed solutions given below.
- Close unnecessary apps/programs running in the background.
- Check Internet connection speed.
- Disable Antivirus
- Restart the PC
- Install latest game patch
- System Requirement
If the above tricks do not solve the issues in your Elden Ring, you need to go through the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator:
The first resort to solving the Elden Ring Crashing or not launching issue is running the game as administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Elden Ring installation folder and right-click on the Elden Ring.exe file.
- Then select the Properties from the drop-down menu options.
- Inside the Elden Ring.exe window, select the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator, and click OK.
- Finally, restart the system and feel the improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
If your Graphics driver gets corrupted or damaged, then the Elden Ring might crash or freeze on the startup screen. The most effective solution for this is updating the driver as early as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your computer search box and open the top result from the search list.
- Then double-click on the Display adapters to expand it and choose the Graphics driver needed to update.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and check now the game is running without any trouble.
Fix 3: Check Integrity of Game Files:
If the Elden Ring crashes or shutters on your system, you need to check the integrity of the game files. Damage to any game files during installation can lead to a number of issues. To check the integrity of game files, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open Steam on your computer screen and click on the Library section.
- Inside the Library, select and right-click on the Elden Ring and choose its Properties option.
- On the newly opened screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verity integrity of game files.
- Finally, restart the system and see the game running smoothly now.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays:
Sometimes activated overlays can be one of the main culprits behind a crashing or lagging issue in your Elden Ring. The possible solution here is to disable the overlays quickly. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon from the top right side of the home screen.
- Then turn off the toggle beside the In-game overlay option on the next screen.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the bottom left side of the home screen.
- On the next screen, select the Overlay and turn off the toggle next to Enable in-game overlay option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the game running properly on your system.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable:
Sometimes reinstalling Visual C++ redistributable helps you get rid of the Elden Ring crashing or black screen issue. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage using your browser.
- Then select and download the x64 and x86 files on your system.
- Now install the downloaded files quickly and see the changes in your game’s performance.
Fix 6: Update Windows:
If your Windows OS gets out of date, the Elder Ring may not work properly on the system. In this case, you need to update your Operating System to the latest updates released by Microsoft. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I altogether.
- Then select the Windows Update option from the newly opened screen.
- Click the Check for updates button from the top right side on the next screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings:
If you encounter a crashing or freezing issue in the Elden Ring, you need to lower all graphics settings to avoid the same. This trick has helped many players, so you can also try it. Firstly, go into the game Graphics Settings and lower all the features in the list.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot:
If any of the apps installed on your system interfere with your game, it will affect the performance of the games and lead to many issues. A possible solution here is to clean boot the system to remove problematic apps/services. To do so,
- Firstly, type System Configuration in your computer search box and open the top result.
- Then select the Services tab and tick the box beside the Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now click on the Disable all and OK button.
- Further, move to the Startup tab, and you need to click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Task Manager, select the Startup and disable one service at a time listed there and restart the system and see the issue resolved.
- Continue the same process until you find the problematic service. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
If all of the above solutions do not come as a savior in your case, you will need to uninstall Elden Ring from your system. Then reinstall the game from the trusted source after a few minutes; it will help you to solve most of the issues.
So these are all about the Elden Ring Crashing/Freezing/Shuttering or Not Launching Issue on PC and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.