Few users have recently complained on several online platforms that they are unable to install update KB5034441 due to error code 0x80070643. This error prevents users from installing the latest update due to lack of free space in the WinRE partition. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions to resolve the Error 0x80070643 While Install Update KB5034441 quite easily.
After in-depth research, we have summarized here a few solutions that will help you end the error 0x80070643 during the update process of KB5034441. Then we can go to the solutions and solve the issues.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Disable Security Software
Let’s start with the simple process, first of all you need to disable Windows security features or third party antivirus protection. Once done, you can try to install update KB5034441 again and if the issue persists then move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Install Wushowhide File
Another solution you can try is installing the “wushowhide.diagcab” file on the system. This process has helped several users and you can try the same to resolve error 0x80070643 quickly. To do so,
- Go to this link and download the file on your system.
- Once done, install it on the system, follow the onscreen instructions and complete the process.
- Finally, you can retry to install the updates KB5034441 on Windows 1o without any trouble.
Fix 3: Manually Resize Recovery Partition
As we have discussed earlier one of the reasons for the Error 0x80070643 While Install Update KB5034441 is lack of free space in the WinRE partition. This time you should need to resize the recovery partition and reinstall the update.
Note: If you use Windows-default winre.wim the partition size should be 750 MB. Otherwise the size of the OEM-distributed winre.wim recovery partition is at least 100 MB larger than the size of the custom Wim.
We do not recommend proceeding with the partition process manually if you are not technically proficient or confident in the same process.
- Open the Command Prompt screen (type “cmd” in search box), launch as admin and type the following command to check WinRE Status,
- Now you will see a WinRE path; Windows RE location: [file://%3f/GLOBALROOT/device/harddisk0/partition4/Recovery/WindowsRE]\\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE.
- Then type the following command to disable WinRE,
- Now prepare the hard disk for new partition, to do so, type “diskpart” and “list disk”.
- Then choose the Operating System, type the command,
sel disk<OS disk index>
- Now to check and find the OS disk and partition type the following command,
- Further, to choose the OS partition, type the following command,
sel part<OS partition index>"
- Then type the command, “shrink desired=250 minimum=25”
- Next to choose WinRE partition, type the following command,
sel part<WinRE partition index>
- In order to delete the WinRE partition, type the command,
delete partition override
It’s the time to create a new recovery partition, to do so,
- Firstly, check the disk partition style; GUID Partition Table (GPT) or a Master Boot Record (MBR), for that type the command,
- If you find asterisk character (*) then the drive is GPT and you should type the command,
create partition primary id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac gpt attributes =0x8000000000000001
- If you use MBR, then type the command,
create partition primary id=27
- In case to format the recovery partition, type the following command,
format quick fs=ntfs label=”Windows RE tools”
- Next is to confirm the WInRE partition has been created, type the following command,
- In order to exit from the diskart, type the command,
- To re enable WinRE, type the command,
- And to conform is the WinRE installed, type the command,
There are solutions you can try to resolve Error 0x80070643 While Install Update KB5034441. Along with these solutions you can run System File Checker scan and Chkdsk scan.