Lately, several game enthusiasts reported an error message “Something unexpected happened” on few social platforms while trying to install EA Play apps through the Game Pass subscription. The said error appeared on the screen with an Error Code: 0xa3ea00ca and prevent them from completing the installation process.
There might be several reasons for the “something unexpected happened” Error Code: 0xa3ea00ca. The prime reason is a glitch on your system or network that breaks the communication with the EA servers. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you can stick to this article till the end to resolve the EA game issue. Let’s move on to the quick solutions.
Solution 1: Unlink and Relink EA Account:
As we discussed above, Error Code: 0xa3ea00ca can occur due to an unknown glitch of the EA account; in consequence, the PC is unable to connect with the EA server. Here the best possible solution is relinking the EA account. To relink the EA account, follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch your browser and go to the official EA website.
- Then sign in with your EA credentials and then click on the User icon (you can find it on the top right corner of the screen).
- Now click on the Account Settings tab and select the Connections option from the list.
- In the Xbox, click on the Unlink button from the right pane menu and tick the checkbox beside I Understand and wish to continue.
- Again click on the Unlink from the bottom of the screen and restart the system.
- Once your device restarts, relink the account and check improvement.
Solution 2: Install the EA games through the EA Desktop App:
If the above solution did not help you, then you can resolve the Error Code: 0xa3ea00ca by installing the EA games using the EA apps for Windows. To install the EA games via the EA desktop app, follow these steps,
Note: Keep in mind, the EA app is still in Public Beta, so this process is a little tricky.
- Firstly, launch the web browser and go to the official EA app for Windows page.
- Then click on the Download tab and wait to complete the download process.
- When downloaded, open the EA app setup and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Further, open the EA desktop app and sign in with the EA credentials.
- Now click on the LINK ACCOUNTS tab, and you can link the Xbox account to your EA account.
- Finally, try to install any game using the Installed EA app.
- Now check the said issue get resolved for you or not.
So this is all about the “something unexpected happened” Error Code: 0xa3ea00ca, and its sure fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.