Epic Games recently launched its long-running battle-royal game Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 seasonal updates. The latest update scrapped the ability to build defensive structures and added a host of new features, such as Overshield, Skin, and many more. But after the latest update, some players complained about the FPS drops issue, which made it difficult for them to run the game.
As per players who struggled after the seasonal update, they fell into the FPS drops issue and sometimes faced shuttering issues. The same problem can have different causes, but we need to look for reliable solutions to combat the same. Anyway, in this article, we have collected some surefire solutions for the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 FPS Drops issue. So, let’s move on to solutions quickly, without any delay.
Fix 1: Update Driver
If your graphics driver is damaged or outdated, you may experience Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 FPS drops and shuttering issues. To isolate these issues, you need to update your driver to the latest version at the earliest. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘Device’ in your system search box and open the Device Manager window from the search result.
- Inside the new screen, expand the section Display adapters and choose the driver you need to update.
- Then right-click on your Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu list.
- Finally, restart the system and see the disturbing issues are resolved from your game or not.
Fix 2: Launch in Performance Mode
When Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 launches in Performance Mode, it will help you to run the game without any trouble and maintain a smooth framerate, even with less powerful hardware. To do so,
- Firstly, open Epic Games and select Fortnite from the list of games.
- On the next screen, go to the top right corner and click on the Menu icon.
- Now choose the Video tab from the top menu, and under the Advanced Graphics section, switch Rendering Mode to Performance Mode.
- Finally, click on Appy to save the changes and see the issue resolved for you.
If you are unable to activate Performance Mode, then you have saved the GameUserSettings.ini file as read-only. To change this setting, you can follow these given steps,
- Go to the following path,
- Then locate and right-click on GameUserSettings.ini and choose its Properties option.
- On the next screen, untick the checkbox beside Read-only and click on the Apply button.
- Now open Fortnite and switch to DirectX 11 inside the in-game settings.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
Another solution to overcome the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 FPS Drops issue and shutter issue is verifying the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Epic Games and choose its Library section.
- Then choose Fortnite and click on the three dots beside the same.
- And from the drop-down list, select the Verify option.
- Finally, restart the system and check the troubled issue solved for you.
Fix 4: Disable Background Apps
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you should disable all programs and apps running in the background of your system. Once done, restart the system and see the troubling issue is eliminated.
These are all about the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 FPS Drops issue, shuttering issue, and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.