The most popular God of War game has just been launched on PC to entertain millions of gamers. In a short span of time, this game has gained a huge user base on PC. Unfortunately, few players have reported a controller issue in between the gameplay. As per players, controllers including PlayStation, Xbox and third-party controllers are struggling with some of the in-game issues in God of War.
There might be several reasons for the same issue, but now we have to focus on how to deal with this frustrating issue. However, we took a deeper look at the causes of this issue and found some credible solutions to it. If you like to know more, then walk through this article to get all the solutions. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Switch to Wired Connection:
If you encounter the ‘Controller Not Working’ issue on God of War, then the prime cause of the same is poor internet connectivity. An effective solution to get over this is switching to a wired connection. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, any device might interfere with the signal and lead to connectivity problems. To avoid such a situation, we advise you to use a wired connection.
Fix 2: Update the Controller Driver:
Suppose your Controller driver is not up to date, then also the Controller does not work properly. In this scenario, you need to update the controller manually. To do so, go to the official website of your Controller (PlayStation, Xbox) and update the driver to the latest version. After updating the controller driver, relaunch the game to check the controller is working or not.
Fix 3: Disable Steam Input:
Another solution to tackle the ‘Controller Not Working’ issue on God of War is disabling the Steam input option. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam and go to the Library section.
- Then from the list of games, right-click on God of War and select the Properties option.
- On the newly opened screen, click on the Controller tab from the left pane menu.
- And click on the OVERRIDE FOR GOD OF WAR section and select Disable Steam Input option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check for the controller issue.
Fix 4: Untick Controller Option Settings:
As per some users, simply disabling all the options in the controller settings helped them to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam client and click on the Steam option from the top left corner of the screen.
- From the drop-menu select Settings.
- Inside the Settings menu, choose Controller and click on the GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS tab.
- When the prompt appears, click on the Continue button.
- In the newly opened window, untick all the options except the Guide Bottom Focuses Steam option.
- Finally, close the window and continue to play the game.
Fix 5: Choose A Third-Party Controller:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to use a third-party Controller or gamepad. There are several controllers available there, such as Turtle Beach Recon Controller, PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller and Logitech F310 and many more.
These are the best solutions to resolve the Controller Not Working issue on God of War PC. If the issue persists again, then you need to contact the Sony Santa Monica Support centre; otherwise, register a complaint in the Steam discussion community. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.