Krut: The Mythic Wings is a fast-paced side-scrolling hack and slash action game based on Southeast Asian mythology. The game is based on the Thain CGI film “Krut: The Himmaphan Warriors,” where players can take on the role of Garuda Warrior to fight against the army of Ogres to protect and defend the island of Himmafan. But we have received complaints that few players are unable to run the game due to crashing or lagging issues.
These problems can have many causes, like outdated graphic drivers, minimum system requirements to run the game, and many more. If you are also struggling with Krut: The Mythic Wings freezing or not launching issue, then you are not alone. In this article, we have listed a few solutions to tackle your issue smoothly and effortlessly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest Game Patch
- Turn Off the Antivirus tool temporarily
- Disable unwanted background running apps
- Check System Requirement
If these basic tricks do not help in your case, then you should move on to the solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The excellent solution to resolve the Krut: The Mythic Wings crashing or not launching issue is to launch the game with admin privileges. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Krut: The Mythic Wings installation folder, right-click on the Krut: The Mythic Wings.exe file from the list and choose the Properties.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab from the newly appeared screen, select the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue still disturbs you or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets out of date or missing for any reason, you won’t be able to play any game on your system. In this case, you must check and update your driver as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + X and choose the Device Manager option from the context menu list.
- Then expand the section Display adapters and from the list, choose your Graphics driver.
- Now right-click on the driver, select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and complete the update process.
- Once done, restart the system, launch the game and see if the issue still disturbs you.
Fix 3: Check Game Files
If any game files get missing while installing Krut: The Mythic Wings, you will face a crashing or shutter issue on the startup screen. Here you need to check the game files and launch the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, move to the Library section, choose and right-click on the Krut: The Mythic Wings icon and select the Properties option.
- Then select the Local Files from the new screen and click on the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see now you are able to run the game.
Fix 4: Turn Off Overlays
The overlay feature helps players access inventory features while in-game. But sometimes, this feature affects the game adversely and triggers crashing or freezing issues. In this case, you should disable the overlays feature.
In GeForce Experience,
- Launch the GeForce Experience and click on its Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, Turn Off the Toggle beside the In-game Overlay and see the improvement.
- Launch Discord and click on its Settings icon
- Inside Settings, select the Overlay option and Turn Off Enable in-game overlay option and see the game’s improvement.
Fix 5: Update Windows
In most cases, outdated Windows can be the main culprit behind the crashing or lagging problem on your Krut: The Mythic Wings. In this case, you need to update your Windows and try to run the game. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings menu; choose the Windows update option from the home screen.
- Then choose the Check for updates option from the new screen and let the process complete automatically.
- Once done, launch the game and see if the issue is occurring again or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
The overclocking feature can help you run the game faster than it was intended, but the same feature can sometimes lead to issues like crashing or freezing. In this case, you need to disable the overclocking feature and launch the game.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes installing the Visual C++ Redistributable program will allow you to launch Krut: The Mythic Wings without any black screen or low FPS issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the official Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then click and download the x64 and x86 files from the same screen.
- Once done, install those files and try again to start the game to see the result.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
Another solution to get rid of the Krut: The Mythic Wings low FPS or crashing issue is installing DirectX. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the browser on your system and go to the official DirectX page.
- Then choose your Language from the newly appeared screen and click on the Download button.
- Once the package is installed on your system, launch the game and see the result.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system configuration is incompatible with your game’s high visual effects and graphics, you may not be able to run the game smoothly on your system. Here you can go to the game Graphic Settings menu, lower all the settings to medium, and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above fixes do not help you, then you need to uninstall the game from your system. When done, restart the system and reinstall the game from a trusty source.
These are all about the Krut: The Mythic Wings Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.