LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the sixth edition in TT Games’ Lego Star Wars series of adventurous action games published by Warner Bros. This latest released game take on all nine entries from the Skywalker Saga series of films. However, despite receiving good reviews from game critics, few players are upset with the game due to a crashing and shuttering issue.
There can be numerous reasons for the same issues, such as outdated graphics cards, damaged game files and many more. If you are one of those players who suffer from a crashing or not launching issue, then this article will help you. In the section below, we have listed some reliable solutions to overcome your common problems in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Close unnecessary background running services.
- Disable Antivirus
- Check System requirements.
If all of the above strategies are not responsible for your issues, you can go to the section below.
Fix 1: Launch as Administrator
An easy way to fix common issues in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is launching the game with an administrative privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, open the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga installation folder, right-click on the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Compatibility tab, and under the Settings section, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, click on OK and launch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets damaged, then it may affect the performance of the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and cause to crashing or shuttering issue. To resolve this issue, you need to update the graphics driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in your search box and open the Device Manager window on your computer screen.
- Then expand the Display adapters section and choose the Graphics driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the chosen driver and select the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and launch the game smoothly.
Fix 3: Use a Dedicated GPU
Sometimes running a dedicated graphics card might help you resolve the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘Graphic settings’ in your system search box and open the top search result.
- Inside the new screen, click on the Browse button, go to the game installation folder and add the LEGOSTARWARSTHESKYWALKERSAGADX11.exe file.
- Once the game is added, select the game from the list and click on the Options.
- In the newly opened Graphics preference prompt, select the High performance option.
- Finally, save the changes and launch the game again.
Fix 4: Check Game Files Integrity
If any game files get corrupted, then you might fall into a crashing or lagging issue in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. The best effective solution here is to check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and choose its Library section.
- In the Library, select and right-click over LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and choose the Properties option.
- Then choose the Local Files option, click on the Verify integrity of game files and continue the process without any delay.
- Finally, restart the system and launch the game and see the result.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
If you encounter a crashing or black screen problem with LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, you may need to disable the overlays. You can open Steam and untick Enable Steam Overlay in the in-game option under the General tab. If you are using Discord or GeForce Experience, go to its settings menu and disable the overlay feature.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times simply reinstalling the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable might help you to get rid of the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga crashing or Black screen issue. to do so,
- Firstly, go to the Visual C++ Redistributable download page using your browser.
- Then click on the X64 and X86 files, and download and install them on your system.
- Finally, launch the game and see if the issues persist.
Fix 7: Reinstall DirectX
Sometimes reinstalling the DirectX will allow you to launch the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga without any lagging or crashing issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the DirectX download webpage.
- Then select the Download button and install it on your system.
- Finally, launch the game without any trouble.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above solutions do not help you, you need to uninstall the game from your system completely. Once done, restart the system and reinstall the game freshly. This time all the issues might get resolved for you.
These are all about the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Crashing/Shuttering/Black Screen or Not Launching Issue on PC. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.