Soon after the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, the game received rave reviews from gamers worldwide. But this game also has its fair share of technical glitches and errors. As we said, a few players reported that, they had trouble running the game due to an error prompt saying- “The game has crashed due to using more video memory than currently available on this PC”.
However, this is not a serious problem, and you can follow this article to get all the reliable and quick solutions to fix it. Then without any delay, go to the solutions listed below and solve your problem.
- Fix 1: Restart the System
- Fix 2: Update Driver
- Fix 3: Verify Game Files
- Fix 4: Disable Overlay
- Fix 5: Update Windows
- Fix 6: Disable Ray Tracing
- Fix 7: Install Xbox Accessories (For Xbox Controller Users)
- Fix 8: Turn Off Full Screen Optimization
- Fix 9: Launch Game in DX11
- Fix 10: Increase Virtual Memory
- Fix 11: Disable Overclocking
Fix 1: Restart the System
The prime solution to fix the same problem is to restart your system. By doing so, most minor glitches in your system will get removed, and you can resume the game without any problem.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes a corrupted graphics driver can cause the same error message might appear on your game screen. In this case, you can update your driver and check the problem. To do so,
- Firstly, open Device Manager->expand Display adapters->right-click on your Graphics driver->choose Update driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the issue persists or not.
- If not, then you can follow the same above steps, but this time, click on Uninstall driver instead of Update driver.
- Finally, restart the system, during the reboot process, your system will install the missing driver automatically.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes damaged game files might be causing the video memory error in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. In this case, you need to verify the game files to escape from the same. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library-> click on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered icon-> Properties.
- Then select Local Files->Verify integrity of game files and see the result.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
In some cases, having the overlay feature get enabled can cause the same error. In this case, you can disable the overlay feature and try starting the game again.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->Settings-> turn Off In-game Overlay.
- Open Discord->Settings->Overlay->Disable Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Update Windows
An outdated Windows operating system can be another reason for the same error message. The best solution here is to check and update your Windows. To do so
- Open Settings->Windows update->Check for updates and complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the discussed error message that disappeared from your game screen.
Fix 6: Disable Ray Tracing
At times, simply turning off Ray traced reflection feature in the game setting will help you resolve the “The Game Has Crashed Due To Using More Video Memory” Error in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam-> open Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered->click on Settings-> select Graphics tab-> turn off Ray traced reflection option.
- Once done, you can start the game without any trouble.
Fix 7: Install Xbox Accessories (For Xbox Controller Users)
If you are using Xbox Controller, then you need to install Xbox Accessories and launch the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open Microsoft Store-> type “Xbox Accessories”-> download and install it on your system.
- Once done, launch the game, and you can run it without any trouble.
Fix 8: Turn Off Full Screen Optimization
At times, disabling the game full screen optimization will help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered->select Browse Local Files.
- In the new screen, right-click on the Spider-man.exe file-> select Properties.
- Now select Compatibility tab-> untick Disable fullscreen optimizations option.
- Once done, you can start the game.
Fix 9: Launch Game in DX11
Another solution to resolve the “The Game Has Crashed Due To Using More Video Memory” Error in Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is to launch the game in dx11. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered->Properties.
- Then select General tab-> under Launch options type -dx11 and start the game.
Fix 10: Increase Virtual Memory
In some instances, increasing the Virtual memory in the system will allow escaping from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘View advanced system settings’ in the search box and open the top result.
- Then select Advanced tab->select Settings under the Performance section.
- Now choose Advanced tab in the Performance Options screen and you should click on Change button.
- Then untick beside Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option-> select Custom size.
- Now change the Initial size and Maximum size as per your system configuration.
- For instance, if you are using 8GB RAM, then the Initial size is 8 x 1024 x 1.5, and the Maximum size is 8 x 1024 x 3.
- Once done, click on the Set and OK button and start the game again.
Fix 11: Disable Overclocking
If none of the above solutions helps you, you need to disable the overclocking feature and restart the game to experience the improvement.
These are all about Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered “The Game Has Crashed Due To Using More Video Memory” Error on PC and its fixes. Along with these solutions, you should remove external components and see if it helps or not. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.