The virtual tennis season kicks off with the release of Matchpoint – Tennis Championship, which delivers authentic gameplay and an immersive tennis experience. The game features 16 worldwide real-life tennis stars from the professional circuit, advanced character animations, and unprecedented player control to deliver a realistic experience. Players in the game can exploit an extensive career mode and a unique competitive system. But few players reported they could not enter the court due to crashing and freezing issues.
There could be several reasons for the same issue, including corrupted game files, wrong installation, and many more. If you are experiencing the same issue and searching for highly reliable solutions, then you are at the right place. Here we have listed a few solutions to overcome your Matchpoint – Tennis Championship crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install Latest Game Patch
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Close unwanted background running apps
- Check System Requirement
These are the elementary tricks to resolve your issue quickly. If these solutions do not help in your game, then you can move on to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As a first attempt to resolve the Matchpoint – Tennis Championships crashing or not launching issue, it is launching the game with admin access. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Matchpoint – Tennis Championships installation folder, right-click on the Matchpoint – Tennis Championships.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, click the Compatibility tab, tick next to Run this program as an administrator option, and press the OK button.
- Once done, restart the system and see the game’s performance.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be causing crashing or freezing issues in your Matchpoint – Tennis Championships. Here you need to update your driver to the latest update and see the result. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then choose and right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, launch the game again to see its performance.
Fix 3: Check Game Files
If any game files get corrupted during the installation, you will face a crash or lag issue on the startup screen. In this case, you can check the integrity of the game files to solve the same problem. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library, and select Matchpoint – Tennis Championships from the game lists.
- Right-click on the game icon and select the Properties from the sub-menu.
- Then choose the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files from the same screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, enabled overlays might trigger Matchpoint – Tennis Championships to crash or shutter at the startup screen. Here you can sort out the same issue by disabling Overlays and then start the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open the GeForce Experience and from the home screen, click on the Settings icon
- And turn off the toggle beside the In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the screen bottom.
- Then choose the Overlay option, turn off Enable in-game overlay, and see the improvement.
Fix 5: Update Windows
At times, outdated Windows operating systems might lead to crashing or lagging issues in Matchpoint – Tennis Championships. The best solution here is to update your Windows to the latest version, then start the game again. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings menu and click on the Windows update.
- Then click on Check for updates tab and let your system to complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue persists in your game or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
If you have activated the overclocking feature, it will allow the game to run faster than intended, but sometimes it may cause low FPS or black screen issues. If this is the issue in your case, then you need to turn off the overclocking feature and restart the game.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to overcome the Matchpoint – Tennis Championships crashing or black screen issue is installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Visual C++ Redistributable page through your web browser.
- Then choose the x64 and x86 files, download and install them on your system.
- Once done, launch the game again and see its improvement.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
In most cases installing the DirectX package on your system help you to resolve the crashing or shuttering issue in your game. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the DirectX page through your Web browser.
- Then choose the Language from the home screen and click on the Download button.
- Once done, install the early downloaded latest package on your system and see the result.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system cannot be configured with high visual effects and graphics settings of your game, you may face crashing or freezing issues at the startup screen. At this stage, you need to enter the game Graphics Settings page, lower all available settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you need to uninstall the game and related files from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from a relevant source and launch without any previous issues.
These are all about the Matchpoint – Tennis Championships Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.