While trying to install the latest version of Minecraft Launcher from the Minecraft site, we noticed that many users are now reporting a problem with the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 “We Weren’t Able To Install The App” issue. The error message may seem complicated, but the solution for the same is very simple.
Errors can appear on your system in different ways, so we don’t have to dig out the route causes of this issue. Instead, we can move to the sure solutions to overcome the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 issue. Anyway, in this article, we have compiled a few fixes to resolve the same issue. So without further discussion, let’s go into the detailed solutions. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System:
Before moving to any solutions, as a first resort to troubleshoot the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 issue, you need to restart the PC and check for the result. This restart solution may seem simple to you, but it is very effective in many situations. It helps to quickly erase most of the existing bugs and errors. To do so,
- Firstly, click on the Start button and click on the Power icon.
- Then from the list, click on the Restart option.
- Finally, go to the Minecraft Launcher download page and retry to install the Minecraft Launcher and see the issue persists or not.
Fix 2: Log in using the Same Account on Both Microsoft Store and Xbox App:
Once you receive the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 “We Weren’t Able To Install The App” issue on your screen, then you need to make sure that you are logged in with the same user account in both Microsoft Store and Xbox App. Similarly, you need to log in to the Minecraft official website with the same user account credentials. If you’re sure of these, you can try again to install Minecraft Launcher on your system.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan:
If any of your system files are accidentally damaged, you will not be allowed to install the latest version of Minecraft Launcher on your system. The best option here is to run an SFC scan to quickly repair those corrupted files. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in the Windows taskbar search box and open the Command Prompt window from the search result.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, copy then paste or type this given command and press Enter,
- Now let the scanning process complete on its own.
- Finally, go to the Minecraft website and try to install Minecraft Launcher again.
Fix 4: Uninstall Unofficial Minecraft Launcher:
If you are getting the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 “We Weren’t Able To Install The App” error prompt again and again, then you need to check and remove the launcher you have installed from any third party website. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings app.
- Then go to the Apps and features option.
- Now locate Minecraft Launcher from the list of apps.
- Once found, uninstall the app from your system.
- Finally, try again to install Minecraft Launcher.
Fix 5: Install Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store or Xbox App:
You can install the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store or the Xbox App. All you have to do is go to the MS Store or the Xbox app and type in Minecraft Launcher in the search box, open the exact result and click the Install button. Then, try launching the Minecraft Launcher on your system after the installation process and see the discussed error disappear from your screen.
So these are all about resolving the Minecraft Launcher Error 0x80070057 “We Weren’t Able To Install The App” issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.