Recently few players have complained that while trying to play Modern Warfare 2, they end up before a white screen. Meanwhile, some other players encountered screen flickering issues in Modern Warfare 2, and same issues ruined their enjoyable gaming time. Anyway, this is not a serious issue, and you can fix it with simple processes.
In this article, we have gathered a few solutions that will help you resolve your annoying Modern Warfare 2 white screen or screen flickering issue quickly on your system. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Roll Back Driver
The first solution to resolve the Modern Warfare 2 white screen or screen flickering issue is rolling back your graphics driver to the previous version. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics driver-> choose Properties-> select Driver tab-> click on Roll Back driver button and complete the process.
- Finally, you can play the game without any trouble.
Fix 2: Enable VSync
If you are using NVIDIA GPU, then enable the VSync option,
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->select 3D Settings-> Manage 3D Settings and enable Vertical Sync option.
In AMD GPU, turn on the Wait for Vertical Refresh option,
- Open AMD Control Panel-> select AMD Radeon Settings->enable Wait for Vertical Refresh option and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution you can try is lower the in-game graphics settings. Open the game Graphics Settings page, minimize anti-aliasing settings, disable the HDR option, lower the frame rate from 120hz to 60hz and lower all the settings in the list. Once done, you can start the game and see if the issues get solved on your system.
Fix 4: Update Windows
Sometimes outdated Windows operating systems might be causing white screen or screen flickering issues in MW2. In this case, you can check and update your Windows to the latest version and start the game again.
- Open Settings->Windows Update->Check for updates and proceed with the process.
Fix 5: Run as Administrator
At times running the game with administrator privilege will help you to resolve the same issues. To do so,
- Go to game installation folder->right-click on Modern Warfare 2.exe file-> Properties-> Compatibility tab->choose Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Launch using Dedicated GPU
In most cases launching the game using a dedicated GPU will allow you to play the game smoothly on your system. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings window->Graphics Performance Preference->Browse->select and add Modern Warfare 2.exe file to the list.
- Now select three dots-> Options->choose High Performance option and start the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should consider uninstalling the game from your system and reinstalling it from a trusted source. Once done, launch the game again and see it running smoothly on your system.
These are all about the Modern Warfare 2 White Screen, White Flashes or Screen Flickering issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.