After a long wait, NBA 2K23 was finally released on all prominent platforms recently. In the game, you can show your skills against all the super strong best players in the world. But quite a few players complain that they faced the crashing issue while trying to run the game on their system, and sometimes the game can’t even launch smoothly.
Instead of stepping back from the game, you can embark on a swashbuckling basketball journey with enthusiasm by following this article. Here we have listed a few solutions to resolve your NBA 2K23 crashing or lagging issue with ease. Then let’s have a look.
- Some Workarounds:
- Fix 1: Update Driver
- Fix 2: Run as Administrator
- Fix 3: Launch in DirectX11
- Fix 4: Verify Game Files
- Fix 5: Run the Game on Dedicated GPU
- Fix 6: Lower Graphics Settings
- Fix 7: Install DirectX
- Fix 8: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
- Fix 9: Disable Overlays
- Fix 10: Disable Overclocking
- Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted background apps/services
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
If none of these strategies helps you, you can go through the detailed solutions listed below and check which one helps in your case.
Fix 1: Update Driver
If the graphics driver installed on your system gets corrupted, NBA 2K23 may crash or lag at the startup screen. In this case, you can update your driver to fix it. To do so,
- Open Device Manager screen-> expand Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> select Update driver option.
- Finally, you can relaunch the game and see whether the issue get resolved or not.
Fix 2: Run as Administrator
If the issue persists, you should launch the game with administrative privileges. To do so,
- Go to the game installation folder-> select and right-click on NBA 2K23.exe file-> choose Properties.
- On the new screen, select the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, you can launch the game again and see the improvement.
Fix 3: Launch in DirectX11
Sometimes launching the game in DirectX11 will help you to escape from the crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->click on Library->right-click on NBA 2K23-> select Properties.
- Then select the General tab-> go to Launch Options-> type ‘-dx11’ in the given space, save the changes and relaunch the game to see the result.
- If the issue persists, then you can launch the game in ‘-dx12’ and see the result.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
In most cases, corrupted game files can cause a crashing or lagging problem. The best solution here is to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam-> click on Library->right-click on NBA 2K23-> select Properties.
- Then select Local Files-> click on Verify integrity of game files option and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Run the Game on Dedicated GPU
At times, simply launching the game with your dedicated GPU will help you to resolve NBA 2K23 crashing or stuttering issues quickly. To do so,
- Type “Graphics” in your desktop search box and open the top result.
- On the new screen, select the Graphics Performance Preference option and click on the Browse button on the next screen.
- Now you can add NBA 2K23 to the lists and, click on the three dots beside the same and select Options from the sub-menu.
- From the new prompt, select the High Performance, save the changes and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Lower Graphics Settings
Sometimes your system might be incompatible with the game’s high-definition graphics. In this case, you need to go to the game’s Graphics Settings page, lower all the settings in the list, turn Off anti-aliasing and switch to Windowed Mode. Once done, relaunch the game and see if the said issues are eliminated or not.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
Another solution to escape from the NBA 2K23 low FPS or lagging issue is installing the latest DirectX program. To do so,
- Go to DirectX webpage-> choose Language-> click on the Download button.
- Once the program is installed, relaunch the game and see the improvement in its performance.
Fix 8: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable package will allow you to resolve the same issues. To do so,
Note: (Firstly, Uninstall the Visual C++ Redistributable package from your system)
- Go to Visual C++ Redistributable webpage-> click on x86, x64 files, and download them to your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and continue with the gameplay.
Fix 9: Disable Overlays
If you have enabled the overlay feature to improve the performance of the game, you will face similar problems. In such a situation, you must disable the overlay feature and restart the game.
GeForce Experience– Click on the Settings icon from the homepage-> Turn off toggle beside the In-game overlay option and see the result.
Discord– Click on Settings icon-> Overlay->Turn Off toggle beside Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 10: Disable Overclocking
Sometimes disabling the overclocking feature can help you get rid of the crashing or low FPS issue in the game. Once you disable the overclocking feature, launch the game again to see the improvement.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, you need to uninstall and reinstall the game on your system. Once done, you can enjoy the game without the earlier problems.
These are all about NBA 2K23 Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Low FPS or Not Launching issues on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.