New World is one of the biggest releases of 2021, a huge multiplayer online role-playing video game developed by Amazon Games Studios. But like any other video game, the New World is full of errors and bugs. Recently many players have started complaining that the New World is crashing in startups and having Connectivity issues.
There might be myriad reasons for these issues, but in this guide, we are going to discuss solutions for the same. If you are also the one experiencing the same problem, you can follow up to the end of this article to fix the crash or connectivity problem in your New World. Without wasting time, we can move on to sure solutions. Let’s have a look.
System Requirements:Some Workarounds:
- Temporarily disable Antivirus.
- Check network speed and make sure no unwanted programs are running in the background.
- Make sure you have new game patches installed.
- Restart the Game, Network modem, and router.
- Switch to a wired connection if you have WiFi connectivity.
If you have tried all the above strategies and the problem still persists, you can move on to the definitive solutions listed below.
Fix 1: You Need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If your game files are corrupted or lost, the game will not launch or run smoothly. In this situation, the best possible solution is to check the integrity of the game files. To check the integrity of the game files, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, launch the Steam and select LIBRARY.
- Then select the New World from the game list, right-click over it and select the Properties option.
- Now in the Properties window, select Local Files from the left pane side and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- The process might take some time to complete, so be patient.
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
In case your Graphics driver installed on your system gets missed or corrupted, you may end up with a game crash or a connectivity problem. Here you need to update the driver.
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select the Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager window, select and expand the option Display adapters.
- Then right-click over the Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 3: Update Windows:
Another solution to get rid of the New World crashing or lagging issue is updating your Windows. To update Operating System, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select the Settings from the context menu.
- Then in the Settings window, select Update & Security category.
- Now select Windows Update and click on Check for updates tab from the left pane menu.
- The updating process might take few minutes to finish.
- Once done, check now the New World is running smoothly or not.
Fix 4: Add the Game to the Firewall Exclusion List:
Some players finally escaped from the New World crashing or freezing issue by adding the Game to the Firewall exclusion list. You can also try the same here, for doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the RUN dialog box, then type firewall.cpl and click on OK.
- Then in the Window Defender Firewall window, select the option Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- In the newly opened window, click on the Change settings button and then click on Allow another app…. tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Then in the Add an app window, click on the Browse tab beside the option Path: select NewWorldLauncher.exe and click on Add button.
- Once done, ensure you ticked the checkbox beside both Public and Private columns.
Fix 5: Forward Ports on the Router:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to open the required ports on your router to allow traffic between the game server and the network. You can read the instructions in your router’s manual to forward ports or visit the manufacturer’s website.
These are all about the New World Crash/Freeze and Connectivity Issues on PC and its sure solutions. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the bottom given comment box.