Every Windows 7,8 and 10 user should be aware of BSOD errors (Blue Screen of Death). One such BSOD error we are going to discuss today is “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error.” The said error message pointing out that your system is requesting a page memory to continue working, but the page is unavailable and preventing your system from running any further. This is not a serious error, but if you left it unsolved, it might cause big damage to your system.
There are several reasons for the same error, such as wrong driver code is installed on the system, Windows filed to locate the data stored in the nonpaged area, corrupted RAM, and several other reasons. Anyway, in this article, we have collected some solutions to eliminate the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error on your system. Let’s look at them in detail.
Fix 1: Uninstall the latest installation:
If you get the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” after installing the recent applications or connecting new hardware to the system. Then you need to uninstall the application and remove the hardware from your system. This trick helped several users to get rid of the said error. Once you removed the hardware and uninstalled the application, check whether the said issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan:
Sometimes if the system files get corrupted or damaged, you will receive the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” on your system. In this scenario, you need to run the SFC scan to get rid of the said error. To run an SFC scan, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar, type Command Prompt and open it with administrative access.
- Now inside the newly opened Command Prompt window, type or copy+paste the following command and then press Enter.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, restart the system, the error will be resolved for you now. If not, then you move to the next solution.
Fix 3: Update your Driver:
Suppose the device driver installed on your system gets corrupted or outdated, then also you will encounter the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error.” If the Driver gets corrupted or outdated, then you need to update it as soon as possible. To update your device driver, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the RUN dialog box, type devmgmt.msc, and press OK.
- Now you will enter into the Device Manager window, find the problematic Driver (Driver with yellow mark), right-click over it, and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Now check the said issue gets resolved or not. If not, then you need to uninstall that Driver and reinstall the latest version.
- Finally, restart the system and check the said issue gets resolved for you or not.
Fix 4: Disable Automatic Paging:
Some suffered users finally managed to escape from the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” by disabling the automatic paging on their system. We strongly recommend you to try the same. To disable the automatic paging, you can follow the below-given steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + E altogether to launch the File Explorer.
- Then inside the file Explorer window, from the right pane menu, select and right-click over This PC and select its Properties.
- In the newly opened window, select Advanced System Settings from the left pane menu.
- Now from the System Properties window, under the Performance section, click on the Settings tab.
- Here in the Performance Options window, select Advanced tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Change tab.
- Then untick the checkbox beside the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives and click OK.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue resolve or not.
Fix 5: Run chkdsk:
As we discussed early in this article, the primary reason for the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” is faulty NTFS volume or corrupted RAM. In this scenario, the best option is to run Windows 10 built-in check disk tool to check the hard drive for any issues. To run the chkdsk command on your system, follow the below-given steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar, type cmd, and select the Command Prompt window from the search result. Ensure you open the Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Then inside the Command Prompt window, copy+paste or type the following command and then press Enter.
chkdsk C: /f /r
- It takes few minutes to complete the process. Once done, restart the system and check whether the said error resolved from your system or not.
Fix 6: Disable the Antivirus Temporarily:
At times the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” issue can also occur as a result of recently installed antivirus. Here uninstalling the antivirus might help you to get rid of the said error. After uninstalling the antivirus, check for the error; if the error has been fixed, it’s time to switch to a new antivirus tool.
These are all about the “Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD Error” issue and its fixes. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below given comment box.