Finally, the wait is over; PGA Tour 2K23 is now available for pre-order with more options to explore. In the game you can play traditional real golf movement with Tiger Woods, Justin Thomas and playable male and female pros. But some players have recently complained that they can’t use their skills in the game to become the next FedExCup champion due to heavy crashes or lagging issues.
If you are unable to run golf’s biggest tournament, PGA Tour 2K23 on your system, then you are in the right place. Here we have collected some solutions to help you solve your PGA TOUR 2K23 crashing or not launching problem quickly and effectively. Then let’s have a look.
- Install latest game patch
- Close unwanted background running apps/services
- Update Windows
- Disable Antivirus
- Check System Requirement
If these basic solutions don’t allow you to run the game smoothly, you can follow these detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
If you are struggling from PGA TOUR 2K23 crashing or not launching issue, then you can run the game as administrator. To do so,
- Open Game installation folder->right-click on PGATOUR2K23.exe file->click on Properties.
- Now select Compatibility tab-> click beside Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated Graphics driver might be causing crashing or lagging issue in PGA TOUR 2K23. In this case you can update your graphics driver and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> select Display adapters-> choose and right-click on Graphics driver->Update driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and relaunch the game to feel the improvement.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
If your game files get damaged, then you will encounter stuttering or freezing issues in PGA TOUR 2K23. Here it would be better to check the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on PGA TOUR 2K23-> click on Properties.
- Now select Local Files, click on the Verify integrity of game files option and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
At times lowering the game’s graphics settings can help you solve similar issues. You can go to the game’s Graphics Settings page and minimize all the settings in the list. Then set the display mode to Windowed Mode, save the changes and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 5: Disable Overlay
Sometimes disabling overlay feature will help you to escape from similar issues.
- In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> disable In-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
- In Discord– Click on Settings-> Overlay->turn off Enable in-game overlay and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Disable VSync
- In NVIDIA– open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync-> disable Sync.
- In IntelHD Graphics– open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync and disable it.
Fix 7: Launch in Dx11
In some cases, launching the game in DX11 will help you to resolve the same issues. To do so,
- Open Steam-> select Library->right-click on PGA TOUR 2K23-> select Properties.
- And select General tab->type -dx11 under Launch Options and relaunch the game to see the performance.
Fix 8: Run the Game on Dedicated GPU
In most cases launching PGA TOUR 2K23 using a dedicated GPU will help you to resolve crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings screen->click on Graphics Performance Preference-> select Browse button.
- Now go to game installation folder-> select PGATOUR2K23.exe file, and add it to the list.
- And choose three dots-> select Options-> select High Performance from the option and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Install DirectX
In some instances reinstalling the DirectX package will help you to escape from the PGA TOUR 2K23 low FPS or Black screen issues. To do so,
- Open DirectX page->choose Language-> click on Download button, and install the file on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue resolve for you.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, you should uninstall the game from your system. Once done, restart the system, reinstall the game and continue the gameplay.
These are all about the PGA TOUR 2K23 Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.