Rugby 22 is a fascinating sports game that offers a real virtual Rugby experience. Through the game, players can take a tour of the best official leagues globally, adopting improved AI, new licenses, more difficult modes, tactical features and much more. But due to the crashing and freezing issue in Rugby 22, a few players who downloaded the game is exasperated. Besides, some players have reported that Rugby 22 is not launching on their computers.
The same situation can be very annoying for distressed users, and their attempt to play the game might be in vain. Anyway, in this article, we have compiled a few solutions to overcome the Rugby 22 crashing or black screen or not launching issues. So, beyond your desperation, you can follow this article to get all the possible solutions to resolve the same issues. Let’s have a look.
- Some workarounds:
- Fix 1: Launch the game as Administrator:
- Fix 2: Update Driver:
- Fix 3: You Can Verify Integrity of Game Files:
- Fix 4: Disable Overlays:
- Fix 5: Run SFC Scan:
- Fix 6: Update Windows:
- Fix 7: Install Microsoft Visual C++:
- Fix 8: Open the Game in DirectX11:
- Fix 9: Stop Overclocking:
- Fix 10: Reinstall the Game:
- Check your system meets all the minimum requirements to run Rugby 22.
- Disable all unwanted app/services running in the background.
- Make sure you are in a stable and accurate internet connection.
- Temporarily disable your Antivirus.
- Install the latest game patch.
Fix 1: Launch the game as Administrator:
As a first attempt to overcome the Rugby 22 crashing and freezing issue is launching the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Rugby 22 installation folder, then select and right-click on the Rugby 22.exe file and select its Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the Rugby 22.exe window, select the Compatibility tab from the top horizontal menu and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator under the Settings category.
- Finally, click on OK and see now the game is running smoothly or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
Sometimes an outdated Graphics driver might be causing crashing or shuttering issues in Rugby 22. The most effective solution is updating your graphics driver as early as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your search box and open the top result from the search list.
- Then expand the option Display adapters and select the outdated Graphics driver.
- Right-click on the driver and click on the Update driver option from the list.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the issue arising again or not.
Fix 3: You Can Verify Integrity of Game Files:
If any game files get missing or damaged, the game may not launch properly on your system, or a black screen will appear on the startup screen. In this scenario, you need to verify the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam client on your computer and go to its Library.
- Inside the Library, locate and right-click on the Rugby 22 and select its Properties from the drop-down list.
- In the Properties, select the Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the system, launch the game and see improvement.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays:
Another solution to tackle the Rugby 22 crashing or shuttering issue is disabling the overlays. This solution helped several players, so we also recommend the same. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Then choose and turn off the In-game overlay from the right side of the screen.
- Firstly, launch Discord and click on the Settings icon from the bottom left side of the window.
- Inside Settings, select the Overlay option, and from the right side, turn off Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Run SFC Scan:
Sometimes corrupted system files can cause crashing or shuttering issues in Rugby 22. In this scenario, you need to run a built-in SFC tool to repair those files. To so do,
- Firstly, type ‘cmd’ in your search box and open the Command Prompt window with administrator privilege.
- Then in the newly opened window, copy then paste or type the following commands and press Enter,
- Once done, again type the following command and press Enter to restore corrupted files,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 6: Update Windows:
While running Rugby 22, it strucked on the startup screen then it might be because of outdated Windows. The best applicable solution here is updating your Windows to the latest built. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu by pressing Windows + I altogether.
- Then select the Windows Update option from the screen.
- And click on Check for updates button from the newly opened screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see now the game is running smoothly or not.
Fix 7: Install Microsoft Visual C++:
As per some suffered players, they finally managed to escape from the Rugby 22 crashing or not launching issue by installing the latest Visual C++ on their system. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Microsoft Visual C++ download page.
- Then select X64 and X86 files from the same page and download and install them on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and check the issues resolved from your system.
Fix 8: Open the Game in DirectX11:
At times, simply launching the Rugby 22 in DirectX 11 might help you to escape from crashing and lagging issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam client on your system and move on to its Library.
- Then select and right-click on Rugby 22 from the game’s list and select its Properties option.
- In the Properties screen, select the General tab and under the Launch Options type -dx11 and save the changes.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see the game running without any issues
Fix 9: Stop Overclocking:
Most gamers may enable overclocking, improving system performance and allowing the processor to go the extra mile. However, sometimes this overclocking will not work out, and users may encounter many issues. So it is better to disable overclocking to avoid crashing and lagging issues in games.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, you need to uninstall the game from the system and make sure that you delete all the files related to the game. Once done, then reinstall the game from a trusted source.
These are all about the Rugby 22 Crashing/Freezing/Black Screen or Not Launching issues on PC and its surefire fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.