Rune Factory 5 is an adventure role-playing simulation game developed by Marvelous and available on Nintendo Switch and Windows platforms. In the game, you can join SEED, a peacekeeping organization based in a small town in Rigbarth, and protect the land from rowdy monsters to maintain peace and prosperity. But a few players reported that they could not launch the game due to the unprecedented crash and freezing issue.
It is very frustrating to run into a technical issue when the time for peace finally arrives. If you are also suffering from Rune Factory 5 crashing or not launching issues, then you can pursue this article to get all the possible solutions. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Close unnecessary background running services/ apps
- Check System requirement
If these quick solutions do not help you, then move on to the detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first solution to resolve the Rune Factory 5 crashing or not launching issue is running it with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Rune Factory 5 installation folder, right-click on the Rune Factory 5.exe file and choose its Properties.
- Inside the Properties screen, select the Compatibility tab, tick the box beside the Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings section, and click OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and start playing without any issues.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating your graphics driver to the latest version will help you to escape from the crashing or not launching issue in Rune Factory 5. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window (press Windows key + X) and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then right-click on your Graphics driver currently in use and click on the Update driver option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and start to play without any trouble.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
If any game files get missing or damaged, then also you will encounter crashing or shuttering issues in Rune Factory 5. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam client and open its Library section.
- Then find and right-click over the Rune Factory 5 icon and select the Properties option.
- Now click on the Local Files, choose the Verify integrity of game files option, and complete the verification process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issues again disturb you.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, the overlay feature might be causing Rune Factory 5 to crash or have a lagging issue. In this case, you must disable the overlay feature and run the game.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open the GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon from the top right side of the home screen.
- Then Turn Off the toggle beside the In-game overlay option and launch the game again.
- Open Discord, find and click on the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Then click on the Overlay option and Turn Off toggle beside the Enable in-game overlay option and launch the game again.
Fix 5: Update Windows
In some cases, updating your Windows to the latest version will allow you to play the game without any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings menu and click on the Windows update option on the screen.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and install the latest update on your system.
- Once done, restart the game and see if any issue is still disturbing you or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
The overclocking option enables you to run the game faster than it was designed, but it can cause problems like freezing or crashing occasionally. In this case, launch the game after disabling the overclocking feature.
Fix 7: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
In some cases installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to escape from the Rune Factory 5 crashing or low FPS issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the web browser to reach the Visual C++ Redistributable official web page.
- Then click and download the X64 and X86 files on your system.
- Once the files are installed, relaunch the game and play without any issues.
Fix 8: Install DirectX
Another solution to get rid of the Rune Factory 5 crashing or black screen issue is installing the DirectX package. To do so,
- Firstly, open the web browser to reach the DirectX official web page.
- Then choose the Language from the screen and click on the Download button.
- Once the package is installed on your system, relaunch the game and run it without any trouble.
Fix 9: Lower Graphics Settings
If your system is not compatible with the high visual effects and graphics of the game, you will get similar problems. In this case, you can go to the game Graphics Settings, change all settings to medium, and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If any of the solutions listed above do not help in your case, you should uninstall the game. Once done, restart the system and reinstall the game from a trusted source.
These are all about the Rune Factory 5 Crashing/Freezing/Lagging/Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.