Salt and Sacrifice, the sequel to the 2016 platform action game Salt and Sanctuary, was recently released on PS4, PS5, and PC. The game retains the same features as its predecessor, but the new multiplayer hub area has been added as an additional feature. However, the game received a good response in the early reviews, but after its official release, a few players pointed out that they could not play the game due to crashing and not launching issues.
As the game is more favourable for a bunch of players, this crashing and shuttering issue is very disgusting when they try to enjoy the game. According to the troubled gamers, they have failed to run the game and remain frustrated with how to deal with the same problem. If you are having similar issues, you can pursue this article to get the best ways to resume gameplay. Then let’s have a look.
- Check Internet connection
- Install the recent patch
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Close background running apps/programs on your PC
- Check system requirements
These are the top tricks to resolve the Salt and Sacrifice crashing or not launching issues. If these tricks do not help you, then you can go down to the below given detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Launch as Admin
As a first try to resolve the Salt and Sacrifice crashing or shuttering issue is launching the game as administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Salt and Sacrifice installation folder, right-click on its Salt and Sacrifice.exe file and then select the Properties option.
- On the next screen, choose the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section.
- Finally, click on the OK button and relaunch the game without said issues.
Fix 2: Update Driver
One of the main causes of the Salt and Sacrifice crashing or shuttering issue may be due to outdated drivers. Here the most effective solution is updating the driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, just type “device” in your system search box and open the “Device Manager” window from the appeared search result.
- Then expand the option Display adapters, right-click on your driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Further, check and update all the drivers installed on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and relaunch the game without any issues.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
If any game files get corrupted or missing during the installation process, you are not able to run or launch the game on your system. In this case, you need to quickly check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Epic Game Launcher, go to the Library section, and click on the Salt and Sacrifice icon.
- Then click on the three horizontal dots and select the Verify option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the issue still exists or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Sometimes simply disabling the overlays might allow you to resolve the Salt and Sacrifice crashing or lagging issue. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Open your GeForce Experience from the home screen, select the Settings icon->Turn off In-game overlay.
- Open your Discord from the home screen, select the Settings icon->Overlay-> Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Reinstall DirectX
In most cases, simply installing the Microsoft DirectX package will make you able to run the Salt and Sacrifice without any crashing or Black screen issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and navigate to the DirectX website.
- On the new screen, click on the Download button and install it on your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check whether you resolved the issue or not.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another effective solution to escape from the Salt and Sacrifice crashing or not launching issue is installing the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your browser and navigate to the Visual C++ Redistributable page.
- Then you need to select the X64 and X86 files and download them to your system.
- Once done, install the downloaded files on your system and see the changes in the game’s performance.
Fix 7: Update Windows
If your Windows operating system is not updated, your computer may not work properly and not even allow Salt and Sacrifice to launch smoothly. Here you need to update your Windows to the latest version and relaunch the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings app on your system and choose the Windows Update option.
- Then click on the Check for updates tab and let the process complete automatically.
- Once done, try again to run the game and see the improvement.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
The latest games come with high graphics and resolution, which can sometimes cause the game to crash or not launch properly due to incompatibility with your system. Here the best solution is to go to the graphics settings menu and lower all the settings and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
Enabled CPU/GPU overclocking is one of the most common causes of game crashes on the system. If you have enabled overclocking for the smooth performance of the game, then disable the same overclocking feature and try running the game again to see the result.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, we advise you to reinstall the game on your system. You will need to uninstall the game and associated files from the system and reinstall the game from a reliable source.
These are all about the Salt and Sacrifice Crashing, Stuttering, Freezing, or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.