Sifu is an adventurous beat-em-up single-player video game designed by Sloclap. The game is all about the revenge taken by a Kung Fu student hunting for the murderers of his family. This game features visceral hand-to-hand combat set in urban settings. But like other games, Sifu is also not free from issues and errors; recently, few players complained that the Sifu is crashing at the startup screen and sometimes not launching properly on their system.
There can be many causes for the same problems, but a few reliable solutions also exist. If you are also encountering crashing or freezing issues in Sifu, you can follow this article until the end to eliminate the same issues. For more information, go to the detailed solutions section below.
- Some workarounds:
- Fix 1: Run the Game as Administrator:
- Fix 2: Update Driver:
- Fix 3: You Should Verify Integrity of Game Files:
- Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
- Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX:
- Fix 7: Set Power Options to High Performance:
- Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot:
- Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
- Make sure no unwanted app/services are running in the background.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Check your network connection.
- Lower graphics settings.
- Disable Antivirus temporarily.
- Verify System Requirements.
If all the above strategies do not help in your case, you can go to the detailed solutions below.
Fix 1: Run the Game as Administrator:
As a first solution to get rid of the Sifu crashing and lagging issue, you need to launch the game as an Administrator. To do so
- Firstly, locate the Sifu installation folder, right-click on the Sifu. exe file and click on the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Inside the Sifu.exe window, select the Compatibility tab from the top menu and tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings category.
- Finally, click on the OK button and see the changes.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
In case the graphics driver installed on your system gets corrupted or damaged, then the game might crash or won’t launch properly on your PC. In this case, you should update the driver as quickly as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your search box and open the top first result.
- Inside the newly opened window, expand the Display adapters option by clicking on it.
- Then right-click on your Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the changes resolved the said issues.
Fix 3: You Should Verify Integrity of Game Files:
Sometimes the Sifu game’s corrupted files might be causing the crashing and lagging issue. The best effective solution here is checking the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Epic Game Launcher and click on the Settings icon.
- Then go to the Library, choose Sifu from the list of games, click on the three dots beside the same.
- On the next screen, click on the Verify option and see the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
If you are constantly experiencing crashing and lagging issues with your Sifu, you may need to disable the Overlay. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience and click over the Settings icon.
- Inside the Settings screen, turn off the toggle beside the In-game overlay option from the right pane menu.
- Firstly, open Discord and click over the Settings icon from the home screen.
- On the newly opened screen, you need to click on the Overlay option.
- Then turn Off toggle beside the Enable in-game overlay option from the right pane menu.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable:
Sometimes updating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable might help you to resolve the Sifu crashing and won’t launch issue quickly. To do so
- Firstly, go to the official webpage of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Then click on the X64 and X86 files and download them to your system.
- Once done, install them on your system and see the result.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX:
Another solution to escape from Sifu crashing or freezing issues is reinstalling DirectX on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, you can move to the Official webpage of DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
- Then click on the Download button and install the latest version on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and see this change improved the game’s performance.
Fix 7: Set Power Options to High Performance:
At times simply editing the Power options in your system settings might help you to resolve the Sifu crashing and won’t launching issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type Control Panel in the search box and open the top result from the search list.
- Then select the Hardware and Sound category.
- On the next screen, click on the High performance option to make the changes.
- Finally, restart the system and feel the changes.
Fix 8: Perform a Clean Boot:
If you encounter the crashing and shuttering issue in Sifu, then you need to clean boot the system and try again to run the game. To do so,
- Firstly type System Configuration on your search box and choose the top result.
- Inside the new window, go to the Services tab, tick the check box beside the Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Task Manager window, click on the Startup tab and disable all the services from the list.
- Now run the game and check it is crashing or not. If not, then go back to System Configuration-> Services tab-> Enable all the services one by one you early disabled.
- Then look for the problematic service and remove it from your system.
- Finally, relaunch the game and play without any issue.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to delete the game and reinstall it from a reliable source. This process might help you to launch the game freshly without any error.
These are the top solutions to resolve the Sifu Crashing/Freezing/Shuttering or Won’t Launching on PC. In addition, you need to update your Windows also and see it helps or not. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.