Slime Rancher 2 is a massive open-world action-adventure game developed by Monomi Park. The game is a sequel to its predecessor, Slime Reacher, where Beatrix LeBeau travels to a mysterious rainbow island to continue her slime ranching adventures. But a few players reported that they couldn’t join Beatrix’s journey to discover the secrets of the islands due to the crashing and stuttering issues.
If you are also suffering from the same issues and unable to explore the new vibrant world, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have collected a few solutions to solve Slime Rancher 2 crashing or lagging problems effectively. So, you can go through this article and find all the possible solutions facilely. Have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background running apps/programs
- Disable Antivirus
- Update Windows
- Check System Requirement
Fix 1: Update Drivers
As a first attempt to fix the Slime Rancher 2 crashing or not launching issue is to check and make sure your graphics driver is up to date. If your driver is accidentally damaged or out of date, you will face similar problems.
- Open Device Manager-> click on Display adapters->right-click on currently using Graphics driver-> choose Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Then relaunch the game and check the issue is resolved for you.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If your game files get corrupted, you might face crashing or lagging issues. In this case, you should check the integrity of the game files and restart the game. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Slime Rancher 2->choose its Properties.
- Select Local Files tab-> click on Verify integrity of game files, and let the process complete on its own.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check whether the issue is resolved for you or not.
In Epic Games
- Open Epic Games Launcher->Library->select three dots beside Slime Rancher 2 -> choose Manage option->click on Verify and see the result.
Fix 3: Run as Administrator
Sometimes you need to run the game as an administrator to overcome crashing or freezing issues. To do so,
- Go to game installation folder-> right-click on Slime Rancher 2.exe file-> choose Properties option.
- Select the Compatibility tab-> tick next to Run this program as an administrator option and launch the game.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
In most cases, lowering the game graphics settings resolves Slime Rancher 2 crashing or low FPS issues. You should go to the game Graphics Settings page and lower all the settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 5: Disable Overlay
In some instances, disabling the Overlay feature will help you to escape from the Crashing or stuttering issues.
In Discord– Click on Settings-> select Overlay option-> toggle off next to Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience-> Click on Settings->toggle off next to In-game overlay option
Fix 6: Install DirectX
Sometimes reinstalling the DirectX package will help you to escape from the Slime Rancher 2 crashing or freezing issues. To do so,
- Go to DirectX page-> choose your Language-> click on Download tab.
- Then install the file and relaunch the game to see the performance.
Fix 7: Use Dedicated GPU
At times launching the game using a dedicated GPU will help you to escape from the same issues. To do so,
- Open Graphics Settings window-> click on Graphics Performance Preference-> click on the Browse button.
- Now add Slime Rancher 2 to the list, click on the three dots beside the same and click on Options.
- Then choose the High Performance and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to escape from the low FPS or crashing issue in Slime Rancher 2. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable page-> click and download x64, x86 files-> install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game to check whether the issue persists or not.
Fix 9: Disable Overclocking
Another effective solution to resolve the crashing or not launching issue in Slime Rancher 2 is to disable the game overclocking feature. Once overclocking is disabled, start the game and see the result.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and its related completely. Once done, you can reinstall the fresh copy of the game and resume the gameplay smoothly.
These are all about the Slime Rancher 2 Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.