Soul Hackers 2 is an amazing supernatural RPG game developed by Atlus that is now available on all major platforms. The game is a sequel to the 25-year-old Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and is set in a war between two opposing factions of Devil Summoners, the Yatagarasu and the Phantom Society. But few players reported that they are unable to run the game on their system due to crashing or not launching issues.
If you are struggling to run the game, then you can follow this article. Here we have listed a few solutions to overcome Soul Hackers 2 shuttering or crashing issues quickly and easily. Then without any delay let’s move on to the proven solutions.
- Some workarounds:
- Fix 1: Run as Administrator
- Fix 2: Verify Game Files
- Fix 3: Update Driver
- Fix 4: Disable Overlay
- Fix 5: Disable Overclocking
- Fix 6: Disable VSync
- Fix 7: Increase Virtual Memory
- Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Fix 9: Reinstall DirectX
- Fix 10: Launch in DirectX11
- Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
- Install the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus
- Close unwanted background running services/apps
- Lower graphics settings
- Check System Requirement
You can try these basic tricks before moving on to detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resort to the Soul Hackers 2 crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrator access. To do so,
- Go to Soul Hackers 2 installation folder->right-click on SoulHackers2.exe file-> choose Properties.
- Choose Compatibility tab->tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If any of the game files get corrupted or damaged, you will face a crashing or freezing problem at the startup screen. In this case, you need to check the integrity of the game files and resume the gameplay. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Soul Hackers 2-> select Properties.
- Select Local Files->click Verify integrity of game files option and complete the process.
- Now you can launch the game and start gameplay.
Fix 3: Update Driver
In most cases, an outdated graphics driver can be the main cause of the said problems. The most effective solution here is to update your graphics driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->choose Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->select Update driver.
- Now you can relaunch the game and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
Sometimes disabling Overlay features will help you to escape from the same issues.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->Settings->turn off toggle beside Enable In-game overlay.
- Open Discord->Settings->select Overlay->turn off toggle beside Enable In-game overlay option.
- Once done, you can start the game again without said issues.
Fix 5: Disable Overclocking
The overclocking feature helps the game run faster than it was designed for, but sometimes creates issues like crashing or lagging. In this case, you can temporarily turn off the overclocking feature and resume the gameplay.
Fix 6: Disable VSync
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->choose Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync-> turn off Sync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel-> click on Custom Settings->select Virtual Sync-> turn off VSync.
- Once done you can start the game without said issues.
Fix 7: Increase Virtual Memory
Another solution to solve the crashing or lagging problem in Soul Hackers 2 is to increase the system’s virtual memory. In doing so, it will allow you to run applications/programs that consume high system resources smoothly. To do so,
- Open View advanced system settings screen->select Advanced tab->Settings under Performance.
- Inside Performance Options screen-> select Advanced tab-> click on Change button.
- Untick beside Automatically manage paging file size for all drives-> select Custom size.
- Now set Initial size and Maximum size. ( if you have 8 GB RAM calculate the initial size as 8x1024x1.5 and the Maximum size is 8x1024x3).
- Once done, click on the Set tab->OK and start the game.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes installing the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to run the game smoothly on your system. To do so,
- Go to the Visual C++ Redistributable page->select x64, and x86 files->download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the issue gets solved in your case.
Fix 9: Reinstall DirectX
In some cases, missing the latest DirectX package can cause crashing or low FPS issues in Soul Hackers 2. In this case, you can install the latest version of the DirectX package and start the game. To do so,
- Go to the DirectX page->select Language->click on the Download button.
- Install the downloaded file and start the game again on your system.
Fix 10: Launch in DirectX11
If you keep encountering crashing or black screen issues in Soul Hackers 2, then you can launch the game in DX11. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Soul Hackers 2->Properties.
- Select the General tab->under Launch Options, type ‘dx11’ and save the changes.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check for the said issues.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, you can uninstall the game and restart your system. Once done, reinstall the game from a trusted source and run the game.
These are all about the Soul Hackers 2 Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS, Lagging or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.