The Cycle: Frontier is a new free-to-play PvPvE extrusion shooter game from the home of YAGER. In the game, you are assigned to jump into a match of suspense and danger with 19 other players and prospect for resources and other wealth in an abandoned alien world. But few players reported that they are unable to fulfil their contract due to a crashing or lagging issue.
There can be several reasons for the same issues, such as damaged game files, outdated graphics drivers, and many more. If you are also struggling with The Cycle: Frontier crashing or not launching issue, then you have reached the correct place. Here in this article, we have collected some solutions that can solve your problem quickly and easily. Then let’s have a look.
- Some Workarounds
- Fix 1: Run as Administrator
- Fix 2: Update Driver
- Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
- Fix 4: Disable Overlays
- Fix 5: Update Windows
- Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
- Fix 7: Lower the graphics settings
- Fix 8: Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable
- Fix 9: Install DirectX
- Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
- Check Internet Connection
- Disable Unwanted background running apps/services
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check System Requirements
If these tricks do not help you to resolve your frustrating issue, you need to go to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first try to resolve The Cycle: Frontier crashing or not launching issue is to run the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to The Cycle: Frontier installation folder and right-click on The Cycle: Frontier.exe file.
- Then from the newly appeared sub-menu, click on the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, choose the Compatibility tab from the top of the screen, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator, and click on OK.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if it is running smoothly or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver used to run the game is outdated or damaged, you will not be able to play The Cycle: Frontier on your system. Here you need to check and update your graphics driver as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager on your system screen and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then right-click on your Graphics driver and choose the Update driver from the sub-menu list.
- Once done, your driver will update quickly, and you might be able to run the game now.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
In some cases, corrupted game files can cause this crashing or freezing issue and might lead to serious problems. In this case, you need to check the integrity of the game files as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, you can open Steam and open the Library section.
- Then select The Cycle: Frontier from the game list and right-click on it.
- Now from the sub-menu, you should click on the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Local Files from the left pane and click on the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, restart the system and feel the game’s performance on your PC.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In most cases, the overlays might be causing the crashing or Shuttering issue in The Cycle: Frontier. To resolve the same, you need to disable the Overlays feature and launch the game. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience, click on the Settings menu, and you can Turn off In-game overlay option.
- Open Discord, and click on Settings from the home screen.
- Then choose Overlay from the screen, and you can Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your computer runs on an outdated operating system, you may not be able to run the game due to an incompatibility issue. You can fix the same problem by updating your operating system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on the desktop and click on the Windows Update option.
- Then click on the Check for updates button and see if the issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
When you utilize the Overclocking feature to make The Cycle: Frontier operate faster than it was designed to, it might occasionally result in crashes or black screen issues. Therefore, you must disable overclocking and play the game normally in this scenario.
Fix 7: Lower the graphics settings
The game’s high visual effects may not always be compatible with your system, resulting in crashing or low FPS issues. To prevent the same issue in the future, go to the game’s Graphics Settings menu and, lower all of the settings, then switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 8: Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable
If the game keeps crashing at the startup screen, you’ll need to update the Visual C++ Redistributable on your computer. To do so,
- Firstly, open your web browser and navigate to the official Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- Then, from the screen, select the X64 and X86 files, download them, and install them on your system at the earliest.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the discussed issue appears again or not.
Fix 9: Install DirectX
If you’re having The Cycle: Frontier crashing or not launching issues, you’ll need to reinstall DirectX on your computer. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the official DirectX page on your browser.
- Next, select the Language, click the Download tab, and proceed with the download and installation process.
- Once done, launch the game and see the said issue again disturbing you.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you need to uninstall the game from your computer. When done, restart the system, install the game again from a relevant source and see the result.
These are all about The Cycle: Frontier Crashing, Lagging, Freezing or Not Launching Issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.