Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered has so far received widespread praise from its critics and gamers alike. At the same time, a few players pointed out that when they start running the game, they get an error screen- “This game requires Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363) or later”. The same error has prevented the players from enjoying the game, and they are worried about how to handle it.
If you are also getting the same error message, you can follow this article to get all possible solutions. Then let’s move on to the detailed solutions without delay.
Fix 1: Disable Compatibility in Steam Exe File
The first solution to resolve the “This Game Requires Windows 10 Version 1909 (build 18363) Or Later” Error on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is disabling the compatibility in the Steam exe file. To do so,
- Firstly, open File Explorer-> This PC->Local Disk (C:)->Program files (x84)->Steam folder.
- Then find and right-click on Steam.exe file and click on the Properties option.
- On the new screen, choose the Compatibility tab and untick Run this program in compatibility mode for option under the Compatibility mode section.
- Finally, click on Apply button, restart the system and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
Another solution to resolve the same issue is verifying the game files integrity. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered icon->click on Properties.
- Then select the Local Files->click on Verify integrity of game files option and complete the verification.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and check whether the error message appears again or not.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver
Sometimes simply updating your Graphics driver might erase the “This Game Requires Windows 10 Version 1909 (build 18363) Or Later” error message from your game screen. To do so,
- Firstly, open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->choose Update driver option.
- Once done, you can retry to run the game.
Fix 4: Update Windows
- Firstly, open Settings->Windows update->click on Check for updates button and wait to complete the update process.
- Once done, relaunch the game on your system and see the result.
Fix 5: Install Windows 10 Update/ 11 Installation Assistant
At times, installing the Windows 10 Update Assistant or Windows 11 Installation Assistant will help you to resolve the same error. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to Windows 10 Update Assistant or Windows 11 Installation Assistant page.
- Click on the Update now button under Update Assistant in Windows 10 or click on the Download tool now button under Installation Assistant in Windows 11.
- Once the tools gets installed on your system, update your Windows system and see the error message eliminated from your system.
Fix 6: Install Windows 10/11 Media Creation Tool
In most cases installing the Media Creation tool might help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Windows 10 Media Creation or Windows 11 Media Creation tool page.
- Then click on the Download tool now button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can update your Windows and see if the error message gets resolved or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you need to uninstall the game from your computer. When finished, you can restart the computer, reinstall the game from a trusted source and see the result.
These are all about the “This Game Requires Windows 10 Version 1909 (build 18363) Or Later” Error on Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.