Tormented Souls is one of the most interesting, adventurous horror-based video games released recently. Since its release, it has received widespread acclaim and attracted millions of game lovers. But even this game is not free from errors and bugs. Many players now complain that the game crashes at startup and won’t launch properly.
Anyway, we understand that this situation is very frustrating and will not allow you to enjoy the game further. Recognizing all this, we collected some solutions to resolve the Tormented Souls Crashes and freeze issues. If you are also experiencing these issues, then you can walk through this article to get the most out of it.
- Some workarounds:
- Fix 1: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
- Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
- Fix 3: Launch the game with Administrative Access:
- Fix 4: Turn off Overlays
- Fix 5: Run the CPU and GPU at Default Clock Speeds:
- Fix 6: Disable VSync:
- Fix 7: Perform System Clean Boot:
- Fix 8: Disable the Antivirus temporarily:
- Fix 9: Reinstall the game:
- Make sure you have stable and steady Internet connectivity.
- Restart your console/game and PC.
- Ensure unnecessary apps/programs are not running in the background.
- Lower the Graphics settings
- Update your Windows
Fix 1: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If the Tormented Souls are crashing or hesitate to launch properly, you can check the integrity of the game files as a first attempt to fix the same problem. To check the integrity, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- Therefrom the list, select and right-click over Tormented Souls and click on Properties.
- In the next window, select the Local Files option and click on Verify integrity of game files option
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
Sometimes the graphics driver installed on your system goes corrupted accidentally. Your game may not run smoothly if the driver is damaged. In this case, you need to update your driver and follow the steps below to update your driver.
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select and expand the option Display adapters section.
- Now right-click over the Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- You can go to the Manufacture’s official website of your Graphics driver (AMD, NVIDIA).
- Then select the latest driver suitable to your system and download and install it on your system.
If you find the manual update is time-consuming, then you can depend on any third-party automatic driver updating tool. There are several updating tools available online; select a reliable one among them.
Fix 3: Launch the game with Administrative Access:
Sometimes your Operating System might not give the necessary permissions for a PC game or other services to run properly. This can lead the game to crash or not launch properly. Here the best possible solution is to run the game with administrator privilege. To run the game with administrator access, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Tormented Souls installation folder, right-click on the Tormented Souls.exe file and select its Properties option.
- Then in the Tormented Souls.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click on the OK button.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 4: Turn off Overlays
Another solution to resolve the Tormented Souls crashing or freezing issue is disabling overlays like Discord and GeForce Experience. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 5: Run the CPU and GPU at Default Clock Speeds:
If you are using an overclocked CPU or GPU, switch to the default clock speed. Sometimes an overclocked processor or GPU can cause game crashes and lagging problems. This is because the CPU / GPU is unable to draw enough power from the power supply unit.
Fix 6: Disable VSync:
Some suffered users finally escaped from the Tormented Souls crashing and fatal error issue by disabling VSync. To disable VSync, you can follow these below steps,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, type NVIDIA Control Panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then click on Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync option.
- Then in the Virtual Sync screen, you can enable and disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, type the IntelHD graphics control panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then in the Control panel menu, select the option 3D General Settings and choose Custom Settings.
- Now click on the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off to enable and disable the VSync option.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 7: Perform System Clean Boot:
In some cases, clean booting the system might help you to resolve the Tormented Souls Crashing and Freeze issue. While doing a clean boot, your system will run with minimum services and programs. To perform a clean boot, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘system configuration’ and launch the first search result.
- In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tick beside the option Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all tab and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and select all startup services from the list and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not. If yes, then again go to the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and enable all the services one by one until you find the problematic item from the list. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
- Now check for improvement.
Fix 8: Disable the Antivirus temporarily:
You can temporarily disable antivirus on your system. Sometimes antivirus will interrupt with your game and lead to crashing and freezing issues. So you can disable it or turn off the real-time protection feature.
Fix 9: Reinstall the game:
Sometimes the problem is with your game installation process. If something goes wrong while installing the game on your system, the game will crash and freeze. Here you need to uninstall and reinstall the game.
So these are all about the Tormented Souls crashing and freezing issue and its fixes. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.