Recently Microsoft released the October 2023 update KB5031358/ KB5031323 on Windows 11 system. These updates come with many changes and improvements to fix existing issues. But we noticed that few users are having issues with Update KB5031358/ KB5031323 not installing issue and they are looking for solutions for it.
Anyway, in this article we have brought you a few simple and quick solutions that will allow you to install these updates on your Windows 11 easily. Then go through the solutions and smoothly install Update KB5031358/ KB5031323 on your Windows 11.Have a look.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Restart the System
The first try to resolve the Update KB5031358/ KB5031323 not installing on your Windows 11 is restarting the system. While doing so, your system will erase most of the minor glitches and make changes in the system setting to perform well.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan
If any of the important system files get missed or corrupted in your Windows, then you will encounter issues in the update process. In this case, you should repair the system files and continue the update process.
- Open Command Prompt( type “cmd” in search box) screen, in the given text space, type “Sfc /scannow” and press Enter,
- Then type the below given commands and press Enter key to restore those files,
Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth / DISM / Online Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth / DISM /Online Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth under DISM Online
Finally, start to update your Windows OS to the latest version.
Fix 3: Run Update Troubleshooter
Another quick solution to resolve the similar issue is to run the Windows built-in troubleshooter tool. This is an effective solution to check any issues with update services or related files in the system. To do so,
- Open Start menu, then select Settings and click on System option.
- Then choose Troubleshooter and click on the Other troubleshooters, and click on the Run button beside Windows Update and start the update process.
Fix 4: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Installation Assistant tool is an important component for the smooth installation of the latest updates on your Windows 11. If something goes wrong with the tool, you will suffer from installing the latest updates. Here you should try to install Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool and restart the process.
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant website and from the Installation Assistant section click on the Download now button.
- Then install the files on your system and restart the update process.
Fix 5: Re-install Media Creation Tool
If the above fix does not help you then you should install the Media Creation tool as well. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant website and from the Media creation section, click on Download now button.
- Then install the files on your system and go to the update process again and see the result.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Component
Sometimes the issue might be with the Windows Update components, this time you need to restart those services and restart the update process.
- Open Command Prompt( type “cmd” in search box) screen, in the given text space, type Sfc /scannow and press Enter,
- Then type the below given commands and press Enter key to reset Update components,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop msiserver net stop cryptsvc net stop appidsvc Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset proxy rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup Sfc /ScanNow net start bits net start wuauserv net start msiserver net start cryptsvc
Finally, restart the system and reinstall the update on your Windows system.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If any of the fixes listed above doesn’t help you, then you need to install the update KB5031358/ KB5031323 from Microsoft Update catalog. To do so
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page, then type “KB5031358” or “KB5031323” in the search box.
- From the new screen, download and install the file compatible with your system and that’s the end of your update process.
These are the top troubleshooting solutions and its tricks to resolve Update KB5031358/ KB5031323 not installing on Windows 11.