Microsoft has released the December 2023 Update for Windows 11 23H2 and 22H2 versions. Update KB5033375 comes with several security bug fixes, new updated copilot AI assistant and system improvements. But few users are not able to install Update KB5033375 on their Windows 11 and they are worried about the same.
If you are also experiencing the same issue, then check out this article. This article is loaded with surefire fixes that would help you to resolve the Update KB5033375 Not Installing on Windows 11 issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Restart the System
The first attempt to resolve Update KB5033375 not installing on Windows 11 is restarting the system. This trick will effectively eliminate most of the minor technical glitches in the system and help you to complete the update process.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan
The update process may stop in the middle of installation if any system files are corrupted. In this case you need to repair system files and reinstall updates. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen (type ‘cmd’ in desktop search box), then launch it in admin access.
- Inside the new black screen, type the command Sfc /scannow and press Enter button.
- Once done, again type the following commands in the same screen and press Enter key,
Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth / DISM / Online Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth / DISM /Online Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth under DISM Online
- Eventually, you can reinstall the latest update on your Windows system smoothly.
Fix 3: Use Update Troubleshooter
Another trick you can try is to run the Windows Update troubleshooter. This process will fix all issues related to update services in the system.
- Open Start menu, then choose Settings from the list and click on System option.
- Then select Troubleshooter option and click on Other troubleshooters and complete the process.
- Once done, you might easily install the last Windows update on your system.
Fix 4: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Sometimes a missing or corrupted Windows Installation Assistant can cause problems with the latest Windows update process. So reinstall the installation assistant and try again to install the latest Windows update.
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant page, click on the Download now button under Installation assistant option and install the file on your system.
- Then reinstall the last Windows Update and enjoy its features.
Fix 5: Re-install Media Creation Tool
If you are unable to install the Update KB5033375 update on Windows 11, try reinstalling the Windows Media Creation Tool and continuing the update process. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation page, locate Media Creation tool section and click on the Download button.
- Then install the file on your system and retry to install the latest Windows update.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Component
Windows Update components are very critical in the latest update installation process. If any of these components go wrong it will adversely affect the completion of the update process. In this case, you should reset Windows Update components and reinstall the latest updates.
- Open Command Prompt screen, (type cmd in desktop search box), then launch it in admin access.
- Inside the new screen, type the following commands one by one and press Enter to succeed,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop msiserver net stop cryptsvc net stop appidsvc Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset proxy rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup Sfc /ScanNow net start bits net start wuauserv net start msiserver net start cryptsvc net start appidsvc
- After executing these commands, restart the system and go to the Update installation process.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If the above solution doesn’t help you, you can manually install Update KB5033375 on Windows 11 with the help of Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page, inside the search box type “KB5033375” and press Enter.
- From the new screen, download the update file suitable for your Windows version and install it on your system.
- Finally, check the latest update installed on your system successfully.
There are the top tricks you can apply to escape from Update KB5033375 Not Installing on Windows 11 issue as quickly as possible.