Weird West is an excellent action role-playing game developed by WolfEye Studios with the elements of the immersive sim genre. The game takes you into the middle of a dark fantasy wild west where five atypical heroes confront supernatural creatures. Unfortunately, a few players were mired in a myriad of technical glitches, which resulted in the game crashing at the startup screen, and some players could not even launch the game.
If you are also struggling with the same issue, then you can follow this article to get all the possible solutions to surmount the same. In this article, we have tried to list all the possible solutions to evade most of the obstacles that prevent you from enjoying the game. Then let’s have a look.
- Close unnecessary services running in the background
- Disable Antivirus
- Install the Latest Game Patch
- Check System requirement
Here are the basic tricks you can try to eliminate the said problems, and if they do not help you, then follow the solutions given below.
Fix 1: Launch as Administrator
The first attempt to repair the Weird West crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Weird West installation folder, right-click on the Weird West.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator, and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system and run the game again.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your Graphics driver gets damaged without any reason, then your Weird West might crash or shutter at the startup screen. The possible solution for this is updating your driver. To do so,
- Firstly, you should type “device” in your search box and open the Device Manager window from the top search result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters, and from the list of drivers, right-click on your Graphics driver currently using.
- And choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu list and wait until the driver gets updated.
- Finally, restart the system and run the game again.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
Sometimes a few Weird West files might get corrupted during the installation process and cause a crashing or black screen issue. In this scenario, you can check the game files integrity. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and click on its Library section from the home window.
- In the Library section, right-click on the Weird West icon and choose the Properties.
- Inside the Properties screen, select the Local Files and choose the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and run it without any issue.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
If you encounter a crashing or shuttering issue in your Weird West, you may need to disable the Overlays. In some situations, the overlays might interfere badly with the game and cause numerous issues. So, you can simply disable the Overlays like GeForce Experience, Discord, and Steam in-game overlay option as well. Similarly, you can disable third-party overlay software, relaunch the game and check whether the changes are helped or not.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times, simply installing the Visual C++ redistributable might help you to eliminate the Weird West crashing or lagging issue. to do so,
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage and choose the X64 and X86 files.
- Once selected, download and install them on your system and see the result.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
In most cases reinstalling the latest DirectX version might help you to get rid of the Weird West crashing or black screen issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Microsoft DirectX download page.
- Then click on the Download button from the screen and install the same on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and see now you can run the game without the reported issues.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
Another solution to overcome the Weird West crashing or shuttering issue is to lower all the game graphics settings. You can go to the game Graphics settings section and lower all the settings from the list. Once done, relaunch the game and see the issue solved for you.
Fix 8: Update Windows
If your Windows has not been updated for a long time, Weird West might crash on your system and sometimes does not launch as smoothly as you expected. In this case, you need to update your Windows as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings window on the computer desktop.
- Then choose the Windows Update option, click the Check for updates tab, and continue the process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see now you can run the game without the reported issues.
Fix 9: Perform Clean Boot
As an effective solution to resolve the Weird West crashing or shuttering issue is performing a clean boot the system. to do so,
- Firstly, type “System Configuration” on your search box and launch the first result from the search list.
- Inside the new screen, select the Services tab, tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all and OK button.
- Now find the Startup tab and select the Open Task Manager link.
- On the next screen, select the Startup tab and Disable all the services from the list.
- Once done, enable one service at a time and check the issue is solved; continue the process until you get the problematic service and then uninstall that problematic service from your system.
- Finally, restart the system and check the issue is solved for you or not.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions allows the game to run smoothly on your system, then you can uninstall the game completely from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from its official website and enjoy the game.
These are all about the Weird West Crashing/Shuttering/Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.