Google Chrome is any day one of the default browser choices for Windows users. From its unparallel performance to smooth user experience and uninterrupted presentation, everything is great about Chrome. While Chrome has worked its best in all versions of Windows, lately, Windows 11 users are coming up with some complaints. As per some Windows 11 users, Google Chrome is not opening for them, and they are not familiar with its reasons.
However, there is nothing to worry about. If you, too, are experiencing Google chrome not opening on Windows 11, we have got a quick and effective solution for you. For knowing details about them, have a look down below:
How to fix when Google Chrome is not opening on Windows 11?
- Firstly, go to the Windows search bar, type Chrome, right-click over it, and select Open File Location.
- Further, locate the Google Chrome shortcut, right-click over it and choose the option Open file location.
- Now locate a folder name with numbers (which is a version number of your google chrome browser).
- Double-click on that numbered folder and then right-click on the file named chrome.dll file. Select the trash icon and choose to delete it.
- Again, go to the desktop search bar, type cmd, and launch the Command Prompt window. Make sure you run it with admin access.
- Now inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy + paste ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Type or copy + paste netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Lastly, restart your computer, launch Google Chrome and check whether it opens swiftly or not.
This is how you can quickly fix if Google Chrome is not opening on Windows 11. However, to ensure you do not lead to this situation, avoid installing too many unknown extensions or your chrome browser. It can lead to viruses and malware, which may either crash Google Chrome or prevent it from opening. If you have any doubts or queries after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.