As we all know PDF format or Portable document format, is used to save files that can be easily shared and printed but can’t be modified. These PDF files can protect using a unique password and, thus, your files will be safe always. Although, several users are not familiar with how this PDF security works and unaware of how to add or remove password from a PDF file.
After understanding the incapability of several users, we came forward with some easy ways to add and remove password from your PDF file. If you are also the one searching for the same result; then stay with us till the end of this article. We will show you some easy methods in this article below, let’s see which are they.
Method 1: Use Adobe Acrobat DC Pro:
Adobe Acrobat is one of the best software to view and edit PDF files. As well, it used for viewing, sharing, and printing PDF files. This application is available in the Pro version also. The Acrobat tool makes you able to add or remove password from PDF files. Follow the below-given steps to do so,
- Launch your browser first, then go to the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro official website and download and install it on your computer. (In your system already have this tool, skip this step.)
- And to Add a password, you need to open the PDF file in the Adobe Acrobat application. Then select the Protect option from the right pane menu.
- After selecting Protect option, a new bar will open at the top of the document. From the bar, select the Protect Using Password option.
- Then in the Protect Using Password window, select the radio button Viewing, set the password and retype the password. Then click on Apply to save the changes. Now your PDF file is protected.
Follow the steps to remove the password in Adobe Acrobat,
- You just open the relevant PDF file and enter the password to launch it.
- As same in the above step, click on the Protect option from the right pane menu.
- From the top bar section, select the option Advanced Options and from the drop-down menu, then select Remove Security.
- If asked for confirmation, click on OK. Now the protected password will be removed from the PDF file. Lastly Save the file after changing the settings.
Method 2: You can use PDF2GO:
Instead of downloading any application to add or remove password from the PDF files, you can depend on online software. In case it is a one-time use, then we recommend you can use the PDF2GO tool. To add and remove password from the PDF files using PDF2GO, follow the steps given below,
- Firstly, open your browser, then launch the PDF2GO site. Then click on the Choose File button to add the PDF file.
- Users can also drag the file and drop it over the Choose File button to add the files on this site.
- Then under the Set password to open the document section, type the password. Then select the Start button (above the Set password to open the document section) to begin the process.
- Now the download will start automatically, it didn’t started then, click on the Download button to start downloading.
To remove the password from the PDF2GO, follow the steps given below,
- Under the All Tools menu, find Unlock PDF. This feature will help to remove the password.
- Then click on the Choose File button, to upload the PDF file that you need to remove the password.
- There you can type the password and select the option Set Password, if the password correct then you can simply click on the Start button to remove the password from the PDF file.
- The password removing process will get complete quickly and, the file might start download automatically, otherwise, you need to click on the Download button to start the download process.
Method 3: Use the Microsoft Word:
In case, you don’t have a PDF reader on the system, then you can use Microsoft Word to add or remove the password to PDF files. And you need to know, that, this method will convert PDF files to Word format. For using this method, follow the below steps,
- Firstly, open the MS word application.
- Then click on the File menu and select Open from the left pane menu and browse for the PDF file you need to change and, open it in Microsoft Word. (In case asked for the conversion of the PDF to Word format click on OK.)
- When the files opened in MS Word, again click on the File menu and select the option Save As, then browse the folder you want to save the files.
- Then you need to select the file type as PDF and give a new file name.
- Now you select the Options button and inside the Options menu, select the Encrypt the document with a password option and then click on OK.
- Here you can set the password for the PDF file.
- Once done, click on the Save button. Now the PDF files saved with a password.
To remove the Password in Microsoft, follow the steps given below,
- Again, open the PDF file protected with a password and enter the password in the prescribed space.
- When the files opened in MS Word, go to the File menu and click on the Save As option.
- Now you need to select the file type as PDF and give the name for the files, then click on the Save button.
- Now the files will save in PDF format without a password.
Anyway, these are the best 3 methods to Add or Remove Password from a PDF File. One or other method mentioned in this article will help you in protecting your PDF file and removing the password from the same file.
We hope at the end of this article, you might get all the information related to PDF file protection. After reading this article, have any doubts or queries, write down the comment in the given command box.