It’s a common scenario that several users lose all their data saved in their Android phone when they switch to a new one. We always hide all our personal data from our Android devices but never think about its reuse. One of the worst things than losing data is having all the facilities to save the date we are not using it.
In this article, we are here to let you know how to enable a backup option in Android devices and make you able to save all your data. Now lots of users use the Google Cloud Storage service to back up all their data. Anyway, you can go through this article to learn the possible way to save all your data for future use. So let’s have a look.
Back up all Android Photos/Videos/Files:
All your photos and videos can get saved in the Google Photos app. This app will help you save all your photos and videos and allow you to use them in the future. To do so,
- Firstly, download and install the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Then sign in using your account credentials.
- Now click on the Profile icon on the app and tap on the Turn on backup option.
- After that, you can Backup your data anytime.
If Google asks you for image quality within the app, you can save the data as original quality from the options. As well as you need to turn on the Cellular Data option to back up your data at any time.
Similarly, you can save files in Google Cloud and Google Drive. Here you need to check the backup status of the application. Check the status of your device by clicking on Google-> Backup -> to check the backup status of your device.
Back up WhatsApp Chats:
Yes, WhatsApp also allows you to back up all your chats and media. You can follow the below-given steps to enable the Backup feature. To do so,
- Firstly, open the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Then click on the three vertical dots from the top right corner of the WhatsApp home screen.
- Now click on the Chats option from the list.
- And click on the Chat backup option from the newly opened screen and enable the backup service.
Back up all Call History, SMS, Contacts, and Apps:
You can also back up all call history, SMS and contacts on your Android device. Generally, this feature is enabled by default. If not, then you need to activate it by following these steps,
- Firstly, you can launch the Settings on your device.
- Then click on the Google option.
- On the next screen, click on Backup, and you might go to the Google backup account page.
- There you can turn on Back up option.
- Once you are done, you will receive a message- backups are securely encrypted and uploaded to your account. Some of the data is also encrypted using your phone’s lock on the screen.
You can also back up SMS using the Backup & Restore app from Google Play Store. To do so,
- Download Backup & Restore from Google Play Store.
- Then open the app and select the Set up a Backup option from the screen. (Usually, this app allows users to backup everything).
- Now enable Messages and disable Call logs option.
- Further, enable Google Drive and sign in to Gmail to save all the messages on Google Cloud.
- Now you are done, and you can back up SMS at any time.
Save Contacts on Google account:
- Go to the People & Sharing option from your Google account.
- Then select Contacts and enable the Backup service.
So these are about to Back up all Android Phone Data. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.