Lately, a few players complained that while you logging into Steam to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, they got disconnected from playing the game with an error message that says Call of Duty Modern Warfare II Disconnected from Steam. Anyway, Modern Warfare 2, the latest installment in the Call of Duty game, has become the talk of the gaming sector today due to its numerous bugs and errors.
If you are also suffering from the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Disconnected from Steam issue, then you can try the following suggestions. Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you resolve your issue so that you can enjoy the game smoothly. Have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the PC
The first try to resolve the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Disconnected from Steam issue is restarting your system. While doing so, most of the bugs will get eliminated from the system, and you might play the game without any trouble.
Fix 2: Check Server Status
If the game server is down or under maintenance, then you will not be able to play the game and will receive similar disconnected errors. In this case, you can check and make sure that this issue is not a server-side issue.
Fix 3: Restart Steam
If the issue persists, then you should sign out from Steam and sign in again after a few seconds. Once done, relaunch the game and see if it running smoothly or not.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
As per some players they escaped from the same issue by repairing the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-> Properties->Local Files tab, and click on the Verify integrity of game files option and start the game.
Fix 5: Clear Download Cache
Sometimes clearing the Download Cache will help you to resolve the issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->click on the Steam option from the top left side->Settings->Downloads->click on Clear Download Cache and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Disable On Demand Texture Streaming
At times, disabling the in-game on demand texture streaming option will help you escape from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Disconnected from Steam error quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam-> go to Graphics-> toggle off beside On Demand Texture Streaming and relaunch the game to see its performance.
Fix 7: Remove Web Browser Data
Sometimes deleting the web browser data will allow you to get rid of the same issue smoothly.
- Open Steam->click on the Steam option from the top left side->Settings-> Web Browser->click on Delete Web Browser Data and relaunch the game.
Fix 8: Change Steam Region
If your region server has more players, you will get a similar error on your screen. Here you have to change your steam region temporarily; to see the issue gets solved.
- Open Steam->Settings->Downloads and select Download Region; choose the one closest to your exact region.
Fix 9: Use Different Network Connection
If you are using a Wi-Fi network connected to Steam to play the game, try using an Ethernet or mobile connection to play the game and see if that helps you or not.
Fix 10: Flush DNS
In most cases, flushing DNS might help you to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type “cmd” in the search box to open Command Prompt window (as administrator)-> type the following commands one by one and press Enter,
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Once done, restart the system, and you can relaunch the game on Steam without any issues.
Fix 11: Reinstall Steam
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall Steam and reinstall it after a few seconds. Once the process gets completed, you can relaunch the game.
These are all about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Disconnected from Steam error and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.