The Modern Warfare 2 beta recently released with much fanfare, and we can see a steady flow of enthusiastic gamers signing into this game with high expectations. But unfortunately, the game has been troubled by several technical issues since the first day of its release, which has hindered many players from enjoying the game. However, nowadays, quite a few PS4 and PS5 players have pointed out that they have encountered the CE-108255-1 error code while trying to play the game.
If you are also experiencing the same error, and it prevents you from enjoying the game, then you can follow this article. Here, we’ve listed a few solutions for the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 that can be easily and effectively applied. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Reset the Console
The first attempt to resolve the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 issue is resetting your console. To do so,
- Open your Console Settings-> click on System->choose System Software->select Reset Options.Then select Reset your console-> click on Reset button.
Note: Before resetting your console, you need to back up your console data.
Fix 2: Restart your Console
Sometimes resetting the console may help you get rid of the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 problem quickly. This process may seem simple, but it is very effective in removing minor glitches, and we hope the trick works in your case.
Fix 3: Update the Game
Sometimes updating the game could be the best solution to get rid of the same problem. Anyway, the game is currently in beta, and the latest patch should fix the said issue smoothly. To do so,
- Select the Modern Warfare 2 icon on your PS4/PS5->click on the Options tab (three lines on the right of the touchpad-> click on the Check for Update button.
- Once checked and updated your game, see the error get resolved.
Fix 4: Update Console
In most cases, updating your console might help you to resolve the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 issue. To do so,
- Open Console Settings-> select System software->choose System software update and settings-> select Update system software and complete the process.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game on your console and see the result.
Fix 5: Delete Saved Data
As per some users, deleting their saved data helped them to escape from the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 smoothly. You can also apply the same trick in your case and see the result. To do so,
- Open Console Settings-> select Saved Data and Game/App Settings option->choose Saved Data->Console Storage.
- Then click on Modern Warfare 2 and delete all the saved data. Then relaunch the game to see its performance.
Fix 6: Rebuild Database
The corrupted database can sometimes be the main culprit behind the error code CE-108255-1 in Modern Warfare 2. In this case, you need to rebuild the database and see the result. To do so,
- Switch off your PS4/PS5 console completely-> press and hold the Power button until you hear the second beep sound.
- Once you reached Safe Mode-> choose Clear Cache and Rebuild Database-> click on Rebuild database->click on OK, and be patient to complete the process.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you need to uninstall the game from your console. Once done, you can reinstall the game and see if the discussed error persists or not.
These are the top fixes for the Modern Warfare 2 error code CE-108255-1 on PS4/PS5. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.