Warson is free to play the Battle Royale online video game available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. The game, which has millions of users, was released in early 2020. Several Warzone game players have recently complained that they are facing the Dev Error 6068 and is preventing them from playing more.
Dev error 6068 can occur for several reasons, of which we have found several solutions as well. If you are the one suffering from the same error, then you can follow to the end of this article. In this article, we have compiled some solutions to get rid of the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone. Let’s have a look,
Fixes for Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone:
Fix 1: Run Warzone in DirectX 11:
As per some of the suffered users, they eventually managed to avoid the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone by running the Warzone game in DirectX 11. Hence, you can also follow the same. To run Warzone in DirectX 11, follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Battle.net client. Then select Call of Duty: MW from the left-pane menu. Now click Options and select the Game Settings option.
- In the Settings window, from the left pane menu, select Game settings and tick the checkbox beside the Additional command line arguments option from the right pane menu. Then in the text box, type, – d3d11 and then click on the Done button.
- Once done, check the said error get resolved for you or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics driver:
In case, the graphics driver installed in your system get damaged or outdated, it might cause the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone. In this scenario, we advise you to update your graphics card.
You can manually update your graphics card, for that, go to your graphics card manufacturer’s official website (NVIDIA, AMD), and then find the appropriate graphics card model for your system. Once you get it, download the latest proper driver installer.
Perhaps, if you do not have enough time to perform manual procedures, you can rely on a trusted third-party automatic driver installer tool. There are many such tools available online, and you can choose the reliable one from them.
Fix 3: Update Windows:
Some users reported, that updating their Windows 10 helped them to resolve the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone easily. So here also we recommend the same. To update your Windows, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings window.
- Inside the Settings, go to the Update and Security option.
- Then select Update Windows, from the right pane menu and then click on Check for update tab.
- Once your windows updated, restart your system and check for the said error. The issue will get solved for now.
Fix 4: Stop Overclocking:
Some suffered users suggested that the high clock speed might be one of the reasons for the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone. Here, you need to turn off the overclocking utilities such as MSI Afterburner, Intel Xtu (Extreme Tuning Utilities) to get rid of the said error. As well as you need to check your RAM clock speed, if it is above 3000MHz, then you should try to dial it down, it will also help you.
Fix 5: Increase the Virtual Memory:
The Virtual memory designed to act as an additional RAM when the system became out of memory. This feature sometimes helps you when you are using resource-hungry software. Here, increasing the system’s virtual memory might help you to get rid of the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone. To increase the Virtual memory, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar, type, advanced system settings and from the search result, click on View advanced system settings.
- Then in the system properties window, select the Advanced tab from the vertical menu.
- Now under the Performance section, click on the Settings tab.
- Further in the newly opened Performance Options window, select the Advanced tab from the vertical menu and click on the Change button.
- Then untick the checkbox beside Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. And then select Customize size.
- Now set the Initial size and Maximum size. In case, your RAM size is 8GB, Initial size is 8 x 1024 x1.5 = 12288 MB.
- The Maximum size is 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB.
- According to Microsoft, virtual memory must be between 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory.
- Once you set the sizes, click on the Set button and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, restart your system and check whether the said error persists or not.
All the above solutions are tried and tested by experts so you can try them without thinking twice. However, before trying any of the above solutions, you can try restarting your system. Sometimes a simple restart will help you to fix the Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the comment box.