Diablo II: Resurrected is an action role-playing multiplayer video game developed by Blizzard North. The game is now available in PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows, macOS, and many more platforms. Nowadays, several players are reporting issues with Diablo II: Resurrected, frequently not launching, and Crashing on PC.
There might be a myriad of potential reasons for this same error, and we have found different solutions to tackle Diablo II: Resurrected Not Launch and Crashing on PC issue. However, in this article, we have gathered some sure solutions to resolve the same issue so, you can stick to this article till the end to get all the solutions in detail. Let’s have a look,
- Check your system meets minimum requirements to run the Diablo II: Resurrected.
- Temporarily disable the Antivirus.
- Check your network.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Make sure no unwanted app/programs are running in the background.
Once you have overcome all of these workarounds and the problem remains unresolved, you can move on to detailed solutions to resolve the Diablo II: Resurrected Not Launch and Crashing on PC issue on your PC.
Fix 1: Launch the Game with Administrator Access:
In general, some games require some additional requirements to run, and all you can do here is run the game as an administrator. This will allow the game to launch with all the necessary permission and not crash after a while. To run the game with the administrator, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the game installation folder, right-click on the Diablo II: Resurrected .exe file, and select its Properties.
- Then move to the Compatibility tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the options Run this program as an administrator and Disable fullscreen optimizations and then click on the OK button.
- Once done, check whether the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 2: Repair Corrupted Game Files:
If any game files get corrupted, the game will not launch or crash in playing the game. The best solution here is to check and repair damaged game files. To repair corrupted game files, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, launch the Battle.net Launcher and click on Diablo II: Resurrected from the left pane menu.
- Then click on Options from the top menu and select the Scan and Repair option from the drop-down menu.
- In the newly opened menu, click on Begin scan button. The scanning process takes some time to finish.
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
The game will not run smoothly if the graphics driver on your system is damaged or out of date. You can update the driver here to avoid the same problem. To update your driver, you can follow these steps:
Update the graphics driver manually:
You can go to the official website of your graphics driver manufacturer’s website and find and download the latest version driver for your system. Make sure the driver is compatible with your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window and expand the option Display adapters.
- Then right-click over the Graphics driver and click on the Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check for improvement.
Update the Graphics driver automatically:
If you find the manual update process arduous, you can update the driver with a third-party driver update tool. There are many such update tools available online, from which you can choose the trusted one.
Fix 4: Update Windows:
Microsoft constantly releases new updates to fix existing compatibility issues and improve system performance. If your Windows is not updated, new games/programs will crash and not work properly. In this case, you need to update the driver to fix the same issue.
- Firstly, launch the Settings app and then click on the Update & Security category.
- Inside the new window, click on Check for updates tab from the left pane menu.
- If there are any updates available, Windows will automatically download and install the updates on your system.
- Once done, restart the system and check the same issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 5: Turn Off Overclocking:
Another solution to get rid of the Diablo II: Resurrected not launching and crashing issue is disabling overclocking CPU and GPU. This overclocking will give you an enhanced gaming experience, but it will also lead to crashes and black screen issues. To resolve the said issue, you need to turn off overclocking, relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Fix 6: Turn Off Overlay:
Some suffered users finally get rid of the Diablo II: Resurrected not launching and crashing issue by turning off Overlay like Discord and GeForce Experience. You can also try the same solution. To turn off the Overlay, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch Discord and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then in the User Settings window, select Overlay from the left pane menu and toggle off beside the option Enable in-game Overlay.
In GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience and click on the Settings icon at the top of the screen.
- Then in the Settings window, select the General option from the left pane menu and toggle off beside the IN-GAME OVERLAY option.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 7: Perform Clen Boot:
If any of the solutions mentioned above does not help you, then you can perform a clean boot on your system. To clean boot your system, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, type System Configuration in the taskbar search box and open the Relevant search result.
- Then inside the System Configuration window, select the Services tab from the top menu and tick the check box beside the option Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Now untick all services from your hardware manufacturers like Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA, and INTEL, etc., and click on the OK button.
- Further, move to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Task Manager window, go to the Startup tab.
- Then select one service at a time and disable it temporarily and check the issue is resolved or not.
- Once you find the problematic one, disable the service and uninstall it.
- Once done, restart the system and relaunch the game and check for improvement.
These are all about the Diablo II: Resurrected Not Launch and Crashing on PC issue and its solutions. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.