The ‘DISM Error 1910’ Error Code has been a common scenario in most versions of Windows, including 7, 8.1, and 10, respectively. However, despite whichever version you use, here is a list of fixes that can help you in getting rid of the said issue.
While running the DISM scan, a lot of users have been reportedly receiving the DISM Error 1910 error code on their computer screen. The said error is known to be found in the logs file left behind by the scan. Of all the reasons found responsible for the error, occurrence includes DISM Inconsistency, system file corruption, and Software conflict.
The ‘DISM Error 1910’ Error Code has been a common scenario in most versions of Windows, including 7, 8.1, and 10, respectively. However, despite whichever version you use, here is a list of fixes that can help you in getting rid of the said issue. Have a look:
FIXES: ‘DISM Error 1910’ Error Code
FIX 1: RUN an SFC scan
As discussed above, system file corruption is one of the prime reasons that possibly trigger the ‘DISM Error 1910’. Thus, the best possible way to fix it is to run an SFC scan.
- Firstly, navigate to the desktop bar, type cmd and launch Command Prompt window from the search result. Make sure you launch it with administrator access.
- Now inside the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Wait for the time the command processes on its own. Do not close the window in between.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, restart your computer and re-run the DISM scan to check whether the ‘DISM Error 1910’ repeats or gets resolved.
FIX 2: Perform System Restore
At times, a new Windows update, app installation, or even driver installation can make your system undergo specific changes that can result in the ‘DISM Error 1910’ occurrence. Here to rule out this possibility, the best resort is performing a System Restore. System Restore will take back your system to that stage where the said issue was not occurring in the first place.
Note: Once you perform a System Restore, all the application and software installed after that specific date will automatically get removed. However, your files and folders won’t affect by the change.
- Firstly, navigate to the desktop search bar, type System Restore and then click on the option Create a restore point from the search results.
- Now inside the System Properties window, navigate to Protection Settings and click on the System Restore tab underneath.
- Further, on the following prompt, click on Next and then select a restore point (date & time) when the ‘DISM Error 1910’ didn’t exist.
- Click on Next and then follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- Once done, you will no longer receive the ‘DISM Error 1910’ while running the DISM scan.
FIX 3: Performing a Repair Install / Clean Install
If none of the above fixes works for you, then consider performing a clean install or repair install into your system. As per a lot of suffered users, doing so have helped them in getting rid of the DISM Error 1910 successfully.
- Now performing a Repair install can become a tedious process and require the user to insert compatible installation media. However, the process lets you keep your personal data and all other preferences saved as well.
- Further, for a quick and easy process, you can perform a Clean install. Though just keep in mind to back up your data in advance. Else you will end up losing all of that.
These were all the possible ways that will help your fix the DISM Error 1910 in your computer. All of the fixes mentioned above are easy and quick to follow, and one does not need any professional level help for executing them. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.