We all know Final Fantasy XIV is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game from the house of Square Enix. Even long after its release, many players still eagerly downloading the game. But nowadays a few players complain about the Launcher error message “A Technical Issue Has Occurred” which prevents them from playing the game.
If you are also experiencing the same problem, then you can follow this article for all possible and quick solutions. So why should you wait any longer, let’s move on to the detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Admin
The first solution you need to try to resolve the FF14 Launcher Error is running the game with admin access. To do so,
- Firstly, open FFXIV installation folder->right-click on FFXIV.exe file->Properties->click on Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, restart the game and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 2: Delete ECT Folder
Another solution to resolve the FFXIV Launcher Error is deleting the ECT folder. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on FFXIV icon-> Properties->Local Files->click on Browse button.
- Now locate ECT folder and delete it to resolve the same issue.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the error appearing again on your screen.
Fix 3: Change Steam Username
Another effective solution to fix the “A technical issue has occurred” error message is to change your Steam username. You can set a new username without symbols or symbols, and should be free of non-alphanumeric characters. Once a new username get added, start the game using the newly added username, and your problem may get solved now.
Fix 4: Reset System Settings
In most cases resetting system settings in the game will resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open FFXIV-> click on Settings icon-> select Reset System Settings->click on Functionality to restore game settings to default.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the discussed error get eliminated.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Sometimes outdated Windows operating system may cause problem with your FFXIV. In this case you need to update your Windows and see the improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, open Settings->Windows update-> choose Check for updates button.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the issue resolved in your case or not.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you should uninstall FFXIV from your PC. When done, restart the system, reinstall the game and relaunch the game to see its improvement.
These are all about the FF14 Launcher Error “A Technical Issue Has Occurred” issue and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.