Finally, the much-anticipated Endwalker Extension Pack has arrived in the Final Fantasy series, at least for early adapters. As a new arrival, we can see an influx of players stepping into a new, tireless gaming world. But while trying to enter the character section, they get an error prompt on the screen saying, “The lobby server connection has encountered an error,” after which they get disconnected from the game.
Most players are usually get frustrated at this error prompt when trying to experience a new game. These types of errors are common in newly released games, as many users try to log in at the same time. Anyway, there are no potential fixes for this error, and you can try a few tricks mentioned below. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System and Console:
Right after you encounter the “Lobby Server Connection Error Code 2002” error, you need to restart your system and console. It seems to be the simplest but most effective in many cases as it helps to erase the existing errors in the system. Along with restarting the system, you can restart the game console as well. Once you restart both, then restart the game and try to relaunch it; this time, it runs smoothly.
Fix 2: Turn Off Home Internet connection:
Once you receive the “Lobby Server Connection Error Code 2002” error in FFXIV, then you need to disconnect your home internet connection and lunch the game using a different internet connection; you can use a mobile device as a hotspot. You can also restart your network devices such as Router and Modem. Even after trying all these tricks, the error persists; you can contact your network service provider for assistance or move to the next solution.
Fix 3: Change DNS Address:
Some suffered users eventually managed to escape from the “Lobby Server Connection Error Code 2002” error in FFXIV by changing the DNS address. You can also try the same trick in your case to run the game smoothly. To do so,
- Firstly, type Control Panel in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then select Network and Internet and click on Network and Sharing Center option.
- Now click on Change adapter settings.
- In the newly opened screen, select and right-click on your internet connection (Ethernet or Wi-Fi) and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the Properties window, select the Networking tab, and from the list of This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- And you can select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) later.
- Then click on the Properties option.
- On the next screen, select Use the following DNS server addresses and set the addresses,
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternative DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Once done, click on OK and check for improvement.
Fix 4: Use a VPN:
If none of the above solutions help you, you need to use a VPN to fix the same error. VPNs help to resolve all Internet issues and maintain a consistent connection to game servers. There are several popular VPNs available online, and here we are listing a few.
So, these are all about FFXIV Lobby Server Connection Error Code 2002 and its fixes. If all the fixes failed in your case, then you need to contact Final Fantasy XIV online support for further assistance. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.