Recently, several Windows users reported receiving an error message while trying to attach a file in the mail. The said error freezes your system and does not allow the PC to boot. The error message statesThere are several reasons for the same error, including an outdated version of the Program or UWP app. In case your Windows is not updated, then also this issue might trigger on your system. Anyway, thanks, there are some solutions available for the same error. So, you can read this article till the end to get all the solutions in detail. Let’s have a look,
Fix 1: Reset the App:
As a first trick to getting rid of the File Picker Ul Host is not responding error is resetting problematic application installed on your system. to reset the problematic app, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the Settings app.
- Then select the Apps category and click on Apps & features option.
- Here from the list, find and click over the recently installed app or problematic app, and select Advanced options.
- Now scroll down and click on the Reset tab under the Reset section.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Run SFC and DISM scan:
Sometimes the corrupted or damaged files in your system might be responsible for the File Picker Ul Host is not responding error. Here the best solution is to run the SFC scan. This scan will detect and repair corrupted files automatically. To run an SFC scan, follow these steps,
- Firstly, type cmd in the taskbar search box and launch Command Prompt window.
- Then inside the Command prompt window, type SFC /scannow and then press Enter.
- Once the scanning process gets completed, then type the following command and then press Enter,
Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- When you execute these commands, restart the system and check whether the said issue is resolved for you.
Fix 3: Reset File Explorer:
Few suffered users eventually escaped from the File Picker Ul Host is not responding error by resetting the File Explorer. We also strongly recommend trying the same in your case. To reset File Explorer, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, then type Sysdm.cpl and press the OK button.
- In the newly opened window, select the Advanced tab from the top horizontal menu and click on Performance ->Settings.
- Then in the Visual Effects tab, click on the option Adjust for best performance.
- Now move to the Advanced tab, and under the Adjust for Best Performance, select Program and click on the Change tab.
- Tick the checkbox beside the Automatically Manage Paging File Size for All Drives in the newly opened window and click on OK.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said error is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update Windows:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, you need to update Windows to the latest. This solution resolved the same error for many suffered users, so you can also try the same. To Update Windows, follow these steps,
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and select Settings from the context menu.
- Then inside the Settings window, select the Update and Security category.
- And from the newly opened screen, click on Check for updates tab under the Windows Update section.
- Once the update process gets completed, restart the system and check the said error is resolved for you or not.
All the above solution is reliable and easy to follow. In addition to all these solutions, you can perform a clean boot to resolve the File Picker Ul Host is not responding error. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.