The Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset error is a common issue many users face in Minecraft nowadays. The same error appears in Minecraft version 1.7 and later. When this error prompt appears on the screen, users are disconnected from the server and refrain from playing the game.
There can be many causes for the same issue, and there are many solutions also available. The same error affects Minecraft Realms and even in multiplayer servers as well. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you can depend on this article to get rid of the issue easily. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the Game
Sometimes restarting the game can help you solve the same problem quickly and effectively. Log out of Minecraft and log into the game after a few minutes to see the result.
Fix 2: Change DNS Server:
As an effective trick to resolve the Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset Issue in Minecraft is changing the DNS server. To do so,
- Firstly, click on the Open Network and Internet settings from your desktop bottom right corner.
- In the newly opened window, click on the Network and Sharing Center option from the left pane menu.
- On the next window, click on your Network connection and select the Properties option.
- Inside the Properties window, double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Then click the radio button beside the Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now set the Preferred DNS server as 22.214.171.124 and the Alternative DNS server as 126.96.36.199
- Finally, tick beside the Validate settings upon exit check box, save the changes and see the result.
Fix 3: Use a VPN:
Another solution to tackle the Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset Issue in Minecraft is using best paid VPN services. Using a reliable VPN service helps you to change the IP address. In addition, select a VPN that uses multiple server addresses. Several VPN services are available there, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, ProtonVPN, CyberGhost, and many more.
Fix 4: Check Internet Connection:
Sometimes the Java. Error can occur in Minecraft due to poor internet connection. In this scenario, you need to check your internet connection accuracy and Wi-Fi router performance and ensure everything is perfect. If there is any issue with the Wi-Fi router, then you can switch to a wired connection or contact your internet service provider.
Fix 5: Renew System IP Address:
Few suffered users claimed in the Social platform that they finally escaped from the Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset Issue in Minecraft by renewing the IP address. You can apply the same procedure in your case as well. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in your search box and open the Command Prompt window as Administrator.
- Then copy+ paste or type the following command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter and each commands,
- Once you execute all these commands, close the window, relaunch Minecraft and run the game to check improvement.
Fix 6: Reduce Render Distance:
Last but not least solution to fix the Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset Issue in Minecraft is reducing the Render distance. To do so,
- Firstly, launch Minecraft, and you need to join the single-player map.
- Then click on the Esc key on your keyboard and select the Options.
- And select Video Settings, then Reduce the Render distance to 8 or lower.
- Further, set the Graphics option to Fast and disable the Smooth lighting option.
- Finally, relaunch Minecraft and check the error disappeared or not.
So these are the possible solutions for the Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset Issue in Minecraft. Along with all these fixes, you can also uninstall Hamachi and see it helps you or not. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.