Some Windows 11 users these days have complained that they encountered an error code 0x8007007e while trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store. They received the same error code when downloading some games on the system with the message “Something happened unexpectedly”.
If you are also suffering from the same error, then you can rely on this article. In this article, we have listed some surefire solutions to easily and quickly fix the Microsoft Store error code 0x8007007e in Windows 11. So, let’s move on to detailed solutions beyond any discussions and doubts.
Fix 1: Run Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter:
As a first trick to resolve the Microsoft Store Error code 0x8007007e in your Windows 11 is running the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings menu on your system.
- Then click on the System and select the Troubleshoot option.
- And choose the Other troubleshooters option and click on the Run button beside the Microsoft Store App option.
- Finally, restart the system and try again to download any game or app from the MS Store.
Fix 2: Check Date and Time on your System:
if you encounter the Microsoft Store Error code 0x8007007e on your Windows 11, then you need to make sure the date and time on your system are set correctly according to your region. To do so,
- Firstly, right-click on the Date and Time widget on the Taskbar.
- Then select the Adjust date and time option from the list of options.
- On the next screen, turn off the toggle beside Set the time automatically.
- And click on the Change button beside the Set the date and time manually.
- Then set everything correctly, save the changes and turn on the Set the time automatically option.
- Finally, restart the system and resume downloading any app from MS Store.
Fix 3: Delete Temporary Files from DataStore:
Sometimes simply deleting the temporary files from the DataStore folder help you to resolve the Microsoft Store Error code 0x8007007e on Windows 11.
To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + E altogether to open the File Explorer.
- Then in the newly opened window address bar, copy then paste or type the following path,
- There delete all the files in the folder; this folder contains temporary system files.
- Finally, restart the system and try to download any app.
Fix 4: Reset Microsoft Store App:
At times, the same issue might be with the Microsoft Store itself here; you need to reset the Microsoft Store and check improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and right-click on the Microsoft Store App.
- Then click on the App settings option.
- On the next window, click on the Reset button under the Reset section.
- Finally, restart the system and check now you can download any app from MS Store easily.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
The last step of resolving the Microsoft Store Error code 0x8007007e on Windows 11 is updating Windows. If you’ve been missing out on updating your Windows for a long time, this is the time to update your Windows. to do so,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and click on the Settings app.
- Then select the Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- Inside the newly opened window, click on the Check for update button.
- Finally, retry to download any app on your system.
At the end of this article, we hope you resolved the Microsoft Store Error code 0x8007007e from your Windows 11. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.