Several Windows users have been complaining that the Operation Failed with Error 0x0000011b error prompt appeared on their screen recently, and after that, their Printer stopped working properly. Since the Printer is one of the essential components of your daily work, you need to fix this problem as soon as possible. Although the same error is not a serious one, you can easily eliminate it by following this article.
There are several reasons for the Operation Failed with Error 0x0000011b issues, such as Microsoft’s latest update, corrupted system files, incomplete updation and several more. Today in this article, we have gathered some sure solutions to tackle all the discussed causes and resolve the same error quickly. So, without wasting time, let’s move to the detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run SFC Scan:
If any system files on your system are corrupted, you will receive an error prompt with the message “Windows cannot connect to printer. Operation failed with error 0x0000011b Failed to work with”. In this case, you need to run System File Checker to scan and repair corrupted system files. To run SFC, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, then type cmd and press Enter.
- Then open the Command Prompt window with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt type, the following command and then press Enter,
- The scanning process will begin, and if any corrupted files are found, it will repair them automatically.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Uninstall KB5005565 Update:
By uninstalling the latest KB5005565 update, some troubled users escaped the “Operation failed with error 0x0000011b” issue. Many users have reported that they encountered the same error after installing the KB5005565 update. To uninstall the KB5005565 update, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Window + I to launch the Settings app.
- Then inside the Settings, click on the Update & Security category.
- Then click on the Windows update option from the left pane menu and click on the View update history option.
- Now click on Uninstall updates link and select and right-click on the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5005565) from the list, and click on Uninstall.
Fix 3: Run the Printer Troubleshooter:
Another solution to resolve the Operation failed with error 0x0000011b issue is running the Windows 10 built-in printer troubleshooter. To run the troubleshooter, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly press Window + I to open the Settings app.
- Then select the Update & Security category.
- Now select Troubleshoot from the left pane menu and click on the Additional troubleshooters link.
- There, select the Printer option and click on the Run the troubleshooter tab.
- Once done, restart the system and check for improvement.
Fix 4: Activate Print Spooler Service:
The print spooler service controls the printing operations in Windows. If the same Service is stopped or not correctly configured, then also the Printer does not work properly. Here you need to check the status of the printer spooler service.
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, then type Service.msc and press OK.
- In the services window, scroll down and select and double-click on the Print spooler option.
- Then inside the Printer Spooler Properties window, set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as running.
- Once done, exit from all windows and check the issue is resolved and you can print without any issue.
Fix 5: Update Printer Driver:
If any of the above solutions did not help you, then the issue with the driver itself. Here the best solution is updating the Printer driver. To update the printer driver, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the desktop search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager window, select Print queues and expand the same option.
- Then from the list, select the driver you need to update.
- Right-click over the selected driver and choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the PC and see the said error disappeared from you desktop screen.
So, these are all about the Operation failed with error 0x0000011b issue on Window 10 and its sure solutions. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.