The Rainbow Six Siege first-person shooter game was initially released a few years ago but still holds the number one position among millions of video game users. A bunch of players are still playing the game enthusiastically, but it recently got reported that Voice Chat does not work; as a result, some players are unable to communicate while playing the game.
The causes of the same issue may be different for different users. In some cases, the issue is caused by corrupted files, while in others, it is caused by a corrupted mic. Anyway, forget about the causes now and move on to the definitive solutions listed below. You can rely on the solutions given below to fix the issue of the Rainbow Six Siege voice chat not working. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check your PC Sound Settings:
As a first attempt to resolve the Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue is conforming the mic is correctly configured no your system. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to launch the RUN dialog box, type ms-settings:sound and press on OK.
- Inside the Settings window, select Input and make sure the input device is correctly assigned.
- Now you need to click on Device properties and test the microphone link option.
- In the newly opened window, untick the checkbox beside Disable and set the full Volume.
- And click on the Start test button, speak something using your mic and click on Stop test.
- If you get a warning message, The highest value we saw was 50* percent; then your mic works perfectly.
Fix 2: Check your Microphone:
Along with checking your system sound settings, you need to make sure the microphone you are using is properly working. For example, is it connected in the correct port, and the cable is in excellent condition. You can also test the mic with another properly working PC.
Fix 3: Update Driver:
Another solution to tackle the Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue is updating the Graphics and Audio driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your desktop search box and open the relevant result from the search result.
- Inside the Device Manager window, select the Display adapters section and right-click on the Graphics driver.
- Then select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu and complete the update process.
- Now expand the Audio inputs and outputs section, select and right-click on the Microphone driver, and click on the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, restart the system and check now your mic is working fine.
Fix 4: Update Windows:
If your Windows is not up-to-date, then also you might fall in Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue. Here the effective solution is updating your Windows. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings, select Windows Update option
- On the next screen, click on Check for updates button to update your Windows.
- Finally, check you have escaped from the microphone issue.
Fix 5: Edit In-Game Audio Settings:
As per some suffered users, making some changes in In-game audio settings has helped them resolve the Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue quickly. As a most effective solution, you can also try the same. To do so,
- Firstly, open Rainbow Six Siege on your system and click on its Options.
- Then select the Audio tab from the top horizontal menu and set Master Volume to an average value.
- And set Voice Chat Volume to the maximum.
- Further, edit Voice Chat Record Mode to Open and set the Voice Chat Record Threshold option to average.
- Finally, save all the changes, relaunch the game, and see the progress.
Fix 6: Add the Game as an Exception in Windows Firewall:
One common reason for the same issue is antivirus intervention. In this scenario, setting the Rainbow Six Siege as an exception in Windows Firewall might help to resolve the Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type firewall in the search box and open the Windows Defender Firewall window from the search result.
- Then select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall link from the left pane menu.
- From the list of applications, tick the checkbox beside Rainbow Six Siege to add it as an exception and click on the OK button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check now you can run the same smoothly.
Fix 7: Check Game Server:
Sometimes the reason behind the same issue is from the game server side. You need to visit the Ubisoft Support Twitter and check the server status. If the issue is from the server end, then you are helpless to resolve the issue and will have to wait for the server end to resolve the issue.
At last, we hope now you resolved the Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working Issue smoothly. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.