A few users recently reported that after installing Microsoft’s latest Update KB5015882 on their Windows 11, they are unable to open the Start menu. It’s quite usual to encounter minor problems while installing new updates on Windows system. However, this is not a complicated issue, and you can easily fix it without the help of any professional hands.
Microsoft releases new update to clear existing errors and fix many problems, but sometimes it leads to several new problems. If you are facing the Start menu not working issue after installing Update KB5015882, you can follow the article to get all possible solutions. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Update Windows
The first solution to resolve the Start menu not working after installing Update KB5015882 is installing the latest Microsoft updates on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Settings and click on the Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- Then click on Check for updates tab and make sure you have installed the latest Update KB5016629 on your system.
- Once done, you can retry to open Start menu, and it will work well.
Fix 2: Install Update from Microsoft Update Catalog
If you are unable to automatically install the Update KB5016629 on your Windows 11, then you will need to install it from the Microsoft Update Catalog page. To do so,
- Firstly, open Microsoft Update Catalog page and type Update “KB5016629” in the search box.
- Then download the suitable file and install it on your system.
- Once done, you can retry to open the Start menu on your system.
Fix 3: Install Installation Assistant
Sometimes installing the Windows 11 Installation Assistant will help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Windows 11 Installation Assistant page and click on the Download now button under the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool section.
- Then install it on your system, and the issue get solved in your case.
Fix 4: Install Media Creation
Another solution to resolve the Start menu not working after installing KB5015882 Update is installing the Media creation tool on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Windows 11 Media Creation tool page and click on the Download now button under the Create Windows 11 Installation Media tool section.
- Then install it on your system and see the result.
Fix 5: Run SFC Scan
If any system files get damaged or missing after installing Update KB5015882, you need to run the SFC tool to check and repair them smoothly. To do so,
- Firstly, type “cmd” in your system search box and launch the Command Prompt windows with admin privilege.
- Then type or paste the following command in the new window and press Enter,
Once done, you can type or paste the following commands as well and press Enter,DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, you can retry to open the Start menu on your system.
These are all about the Start menu not working issue after installing KB5015882 Update on your Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.