Lately, as per several users, they have been frequently experiencing “This Device is Not Present (Code 24)” Error on their Windows system. The said error presents with the following message that states, “This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed”. Despite whichever Windows version you use, Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP, the Code 24 error can hit your system nevertheless.
However, the “This Device is Not Present (Code 24) Error” is a common error, and there are enough fixes available for the same. Here down below in the article, we have compiled some standard solutions that will help all the users surely. Have a look down below:
Fix 1: Restart the System:
One of the most common reasons that you are seeing the “This Device is Not Present (Code 24) Error” is because the hardware isn’t correctly configured. Here before you jump into some advanced steps, simply restart your computer and let Windows complete the configuration.
Doing so has helped a lot of suffered users, and we hope it will resolve the error issue in your case as well.
Fix 2: Re-Plug the hardware:
In case your hardware is not installed correctly or if it is not functioning correctly, then as well, you might see the “This Device is Not Present (Code 24) Error”. In a similar scenario, consider checking if everything is fine with your hardware or whether it is plugged into your computer securely or not.
- For devices with the Power button, try to restart it and then check for improvements.
- Or unplug the device, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.
FIX 3: Update device driver:
Outdated, corrupt, or missing drivers can also trigger the “This Device is Not Present (Code 24) Error”. Here the best solution is to reinstall or update your device driver and check whether it helps or not.
For reinstalling your device driver,
- Right-click on the Windows icon on your desktop screen and then select the option, Device Manager, from the context menu.
- Now inside the Device Manager window, expand the category your device is in and then right-click over the required device and then click on the option Uninstall device from the sub-menu.
- On the next prompt, tick the checkbox before the option Delete the driver software for this device and then click on
- Lastly, restart your computer, and Windows will reinstall the required driver during the process.
For updating your device driver,
You can also update your device driver by using dedicated third-party software and check whether it helps or not.
Fix 4: Install all Windows updates:
If none of the above fixes worked for you, then consider installing all the Windows updates and check whether it helps or not. To install Windows update, follow these steps,
For Windows 7,
- Firstly, press the Windows Logo key on your keyboard and then select the option Control Panel from the context menu.
- Now navigate to System and Security ->Windows Update.
- Then click on the Install updates tab. The process might take some time, up to or more than 1 hour.
For Windows 8,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether and then click on Change PC settings.
- Now in the newly opened window, from the right-pane menu, click on Windows Update and then click the Check for updates tab.
For Windows 10,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether and launch the Settings App.
- Now inside the Settings App, navigate to Update & Security and then click on Check for Updates tab.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check for improvement.
These were the top 4 fixes for the “This Device is Not Present (Code 24) Error”. Consider using the fixes within the same sequence and check whichever helps you the most.
All of the fixes mentioned in the article above are standard practices used for updating any system’s performances, and thus you can use them without many worries. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, leave a comment in the below given comment box.